Overwhelming

"Sasuke happened."

Naruto was tense the whole wake to the ramen joint. I paid no mind to it, not wanting to waste energy trying to read him.

"So..." Naruto stretched his arms behind his head, "what happened with you and Itachi-"

At the sound of his name, I stopped in my tracks, making Naruto trip over himself in embarrassment. While he sat on the ground, I stood in front of him, staring him down and challenging him to say his name again.

"Don't ever," I grabbed him by his collar, pulling him up into the air above me enough to not draw attention to ourselves, "say his name again." Pulling him closer to me, I activated my sharingan for a few moments, whispering to him, "do you understand me?"

Naruto quickly nodded, and I let him out of my grip. "Then what about Sasuke?"

I continued walking to the ramen shop, leaving the blonde behind. "Hn."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naruto finally caught up with me as I got to the door of Ichiraku Ramen (correct me if I'm wrong on the name plz). Naruto was heaving as I waited for him to catch his breath. 

"N-nikki, I should warn you, I kind of told Sasuke to come as well- hey wait up!"

I had seen the younger Uchiha through the window as I was waiting for Naruto. I didn't want to face him yet, but it seems I have to.

Sasuke's eyes widened as he saw me approaching, but he made no move to leave or fight. I took a seat across from him, and when Naruto caught up, he sat next to the Uchiha.

"Now the only one missing is Kakashi-sensei. Sasuke, wasn't he with you earlier?"

"Hn."

Sasuke and I ignored the blonde as he tried to figure out where Kakashi went; we were more focused on each other than anything else here.

"Naruto convinced you to come as well?" Sasuke held up a stick of dango, occupying his sight so not to stare at me.

"Yes, considering the fact I had locked myself away for days without food and caused both him and Kakashi worry. I couldn't lock myself away forever."

Sasuke put the dango down, looking at me in surprise, and worry?

"You did what?! Why would you do that to yourself? I know we are dealing with a lot, but that doesn't mean to shut everyone out like I do."

"Don't you mean you shut everyone out like we did?" Sasuke knew what I meant by 'we'.

The younger Uchiha averted his eyes, muttering what sounded like an apology under his breath.

"Sorry about that, guys, I had a small errand to run and I got distracted along the way." Kakashi took a seat beside me, scratching the back of his head.

"So you say. We all know you were reading your book after getting Sasuke out of the hospital." Naruto called as he sat next to Sasuke again, setting down some ramen in front of us to share.

"I'm surprised Naruto got you out of your room, Nikki. You wouldn't even come out for me. I can't say much else  because I coaxed Sasuke out and he was just like you in the hospital."

I turned my attention to my bowl of ramen and the pile of dango I didn't notice had appeared there. "The only reason I came out was for food. After this I'm going to go back to the Uchiha compound and start training again."

"I'll go with you."

Turning to Sasuke, we had an Uchiha glare battle. Seeing as how I resemble Itachi, and I'm a bit uneasy about looking like him now, I easily won.

"You can come as long as you don't try anything stupid." After finishing my ramen, I took the leftover sticks of dango and left, Sasuke trailing behind me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we arrived at the Uchiha Compound, Sasuke started training immediately. I made my way inside, wanting to see how much it has changed, and possibly see the massacre through Itachi's eyes if they'd let me.

I cannot show you the massacre yet. You are not ready to see.

I understood whatever this voice, hopefully Itachi's, was saying, but I still wanted to see. 

Forming a genjutsu inside the building, I attempted to recreate the night of the massacre before Itachi started his killing. I know he started where I'm now standing.

When the genjutsu fully formed, I started at the nearest room, cutting down the sleeping apparitions as I thought he would do. Each room I tried a different strike, testing to see if it was familiar to Itachi's fighting style, and in each room I hesitated before killing the people within the genjutsu. I know Itachi had this hesitation as well; he was a gentle person and only fought when necessary. He wouldn't harm anyone on his own free will.

I skipped Sasuke's room and went straight for the last room. When I opened the sliding door, his parent's were there waiting for him sitting on the floor facing away from him.

"Do what you have to do, my son. We are proud of you." 

Their words were overwhelming me, enough to make me subconsciously stop the genjutsu and leave me fighting tears on the floor.

"Nikki!" Sasuke ran into the room, stopping when he saw me on the floor.

"What happened?" He helped me up, wiping the rest of my tears and walking me outside.

"I saw them, the night of the massacre. I made a near-exact replica of that night and relived it in Itachi's eyes, but it was too much."

Wiping my eyes again, I was slightly shocked to see blood, but I was growing back numb once again.

"I see how Itachi became emotionless now, and I don't want to put you through that same pain, Sasuke."

The younger Uchiha, knelt down in front of me, watching me. "We're in this together, whether you like it or not. If you don't want to show me, then that's fine, but you don't have to suffer alone."

Hesitantly, I embraced him, feeling extremely awkward the whole time, but Sasuke melted into my embrace, starting to cry into my shoulder.

"Nii-san. I'm sorry I did this to you. I took you away from her and now we're both lost without you."

I tensed; he's this emotional to believe that I'm Itachi right now? I mean, I do look like him, but am I really that much like his nii-san?

His emotions were overwhelming me; I needed to get away before I hurt him or myself.

"I'm sorry, Sasuke. Next time."

Pulling him off of me, I took off away from Konoha, into the surrounding forest to have some solitude and to calm myself before going home.