Chapter Thirty-Three

Chapter thirty-three:

Cassie's POV:

I plopped down on the couch and sighed loudly. After our encounter at the ice cream shop, we left. Katie sat next to me. She kept scooting closer and closer to me.

"What the actual hell are you doing Katie?!"

I said.

She ignored me and kept scooting. I just looked at her. Once she was literally like half a centimeter away from me, she leaned in and whispered in my ear.

"Let's go spy on Nate now"

I busted out laughing. Yes we said we would do that but she reminded me in the most random way.

"Okay. But why did you keep scooting closer to me then ignore me?"

I asked her.

"Because we are spying. Spies are sneaky. Duhh"

She explained.

I raised my eyebrow.

"Whatever. But ok! Let's go"

I said getting up.

We both stood up and walked towards the door.

"Boys. Entertain Lizzie."

I said snapping my fingers.

"Where are you guys going?"

Lizzie asked.

"Well we keep our word. Which deffinately means we will deffinately NOT be spying on Nate what? Who said that?"

I said running out of the door.

I heatd Katie laugh and say

"We'll be back in a couple of hours"

"Just please tell me the truth when you find out"

I barely heard her.

Katie walked out and we got into her car. We drove to the building where he works. Since it was a Tuesday, he would be at work. When we got there we walked in but hid our faces. We didn't want him to know we were here because then he wouldn't do anything. We walke to the purse aisle. We crouched down and looked between the shelves so we could watch him. He was a cashier. We sat there for anout half and hour and he got a call. He got someone to take his place. He stepped aside.

"Hey. You got it?"

He said through the phone.

I couldn't make out what the other person said but I heard the words 'meet me' and '1 hour'. I looked at Katie.

"We have to follow him!"

I whispered.

She frantically nodded her head and we stood up and walked around the whole aisle. He was taking off his apron and signing out. We walked out and got into Katie's car. We watched as he walked by and got in his car. He pulled out and we followed after a few seconds.

He stayed on the main roads, which I'm really happy about because it would be VERY creepy if we had followed him down a long windy dirt trail kind of thing. So it could have been merely a coincedence that we had stayed behind him. He finally pulled up in a CVS parking lot. We parked too but in the store that is next to CVS so it wasn't too weird. He got out and started to walk to the other side of the building so we couldn't see him. We got out and made sure not to slam our doors shut. We tiptoed to where he walked and peeked around the big sign. He was talking to... Austin?

"I didn't know Nate and Austin were friends!"

I whispered.

"I knew they were on the lacrosse team together but I ha no clue. What?"