Ten

Charlotte

....

I ripped the earphones off, startling the man who was peacefully drawing in front of me. He immediately looked up, our eyes meeting.

"Hey, you okay?" he asks, setting down his things

"Yeah." I reply, the sudden migraine popping up from nowhere "Im okay. Im okay."

But my tightly closed eyes told him otherwise, my fingers flying to rub my temples in a desperate attempt to make it go away.

"Youre not Charlotte. Whats wrong?" he frantically replies, the sound of a chair screeching as I hear him stand up, hands reaching for mine as I pulled back. He frowns and brings them to his sides in defeat

"Charles!" Ayame exclaims as she comes to my aid "Migraine again?"

I nod and kept rubbing my temples.
She sighs and stands up from where she crouched towards her bag that sat on the booth. A tattooed hand placed down a glass of water in front of me just in time as Ayame came back with a small blister pack of Tylenol.

"Gladly I came prepared. Drink this with water then drink caffeine after." she said and then turned to the man "Go make her another cup of coffee, will you."

"Sure."

I swallow the pill and took a sip of water, pushing it down. Migraines havent always been a thing for me as I only experience this on very rare occasions but it seemed to have been more frequent these days. A steaming mug of coffee was pushed my way. Ayame having gone back to her seat with Touka joining them. The pain ebbed away slowly as I slumped back in my chair.

"Thanks." I say once again, altogether feeling a bit guilty of pulling away from him

"No problem." He replies "I guess I'll keep in mind to always bring Tylenol with me when youre around."

"Oh hell no, Ayame is enough of being the mother hen. I dont need one more." I sputter, waving my other hand infront of me. He snorts but agrees nonetheless

"The rain's cleared up. Look." Uta points out the window, it indeed stopped which relieved me. I stood up and made my way towards the door.

"Ill just go for a walk to clear my head. I wont be long." I say

"Ill accompany you." Uta exclaimed as he mimicked my movements

"Id like to be alone for now. " I stop him, my hand gripping the door handle

"But you arent familiar with this place yet. Who knows what will happen." he reasons out to which I shake my head

"I wont wander off too far, mate. Ill be fine." he sighs and nods reluctantly, taking a step back. I open the door and step out into the wet pavement. Cars drove by as other people began walking out of shops and homes. I let my feet take the lead.
My mind wanders back to what I saw, I was sure I was daydreaming but not to that extent, where I felt the genuine emotions, although the faces were blurred I could still recall their voices, one that distinctly belonged to the man who sat in front of me at the cafe. The scenery of tokyo streets were all too familiar and whats worse is that it felt so real, so vivid.