Let the Games Begin

I don't own Fairy Tail or any of their characters. I only own my OCs. Nothing more, nothing less.

"Whoa..."

Machiko strolled around the city  to see all the different shops. The guild had split up after they had arrived in Crocus for the games, and Machiko was walking around the market area with Shiro. Crocus certainly was full of interesting items with many types of people. 

"How long are you going to waltz around town, Machiko?" Shiro asked her as she floated above her partner. Machiko had asked around, examining jewelry and such, but not buying anything yet. "Everyone will wonder where you are."

"I know, but-" Machiko cut herself abruptly off when eight familiar scents suddenly drifted her way. "Is that who I think it is?"

"Hm? What's wrong?" Shiro asked her after she noticed how Machiko stopped in her tracks so suddenly. It was usual for her partner to do this unless something was really wrong.

She didn't reply. Instead she sprinted down an alleyway, surprising her partner. "Machiko!"

Said person turned a left, to see a large crowd gathered around. She forcefully pushed her way through the crowd and separated two familiar dragon slayers as she stood between them defyingly. "Machiko!" Shiro called after her as she flew overhead.

When Shiro caught up with her, she was speechless. Sabertooth's Twin Dragons were here with another member who was cloaked and reading a thin red hard cover book. This will not end well. She simply deadpanned.

"Who do you think you are when you're picking a fight with Fairy Tail?" Machiko demanded as she glared at Sting square in the eyes as she took a more defensive stance in front of Natsu, Happy and Lucy.

"What of it?" He mocked as he returned it with a cocky smirk that Machiko found infuriating. "We'll make you realize you should've accepted our offer."

"Two other guilds asked me the same question before I passed by your town." She explained as one of her arms turned holographic in a threatening way. "I turned them all down, and I'm not afraid to do the same to the Strongest Guild in Fiore."

"Sting." The cloaked figure spoke up in a cold, yet young female voice as she closed her book with a slam. Machiko sent her gaze toward her, but was now a bit confused. I recognize her scent, but... from where? "All of this is pointless. Come. It's better if we just leave their first generation dragon slayers alone for now."

"What makes you say that, Ai." Rogue asked her with a frown.

Machiko heard Ai chuckle from under her hood and was now pissed. She practically discarded those thoughts from earlier on. "Settling this in the Games should show them who's stronger." She simply replied, revealing a small smirk from under her hood. "Think about the humiliation. I'm sure Fairy Tail would have to disband after loosing to us."

Sting smirked as he turned around. "Let's go. We'll show you a true dragon slayer's power. Especially you."

Machiko stood her ground as they watched them walk off. With her fire dragon senses, she somehow recognized the cloaked figure's smell. Cold cheese cake with some blueberries to top it off.

It can't be her. Machiko thought as Shiro walked to her side. She was announced dead 7 years ago. Even the Magic Council confirmed it... But, Machiko thought back to 7 years ago. Why can't I remember what she looked like...?

"Don't dwell on it too much, Machiko." Shiro insisted with her eyes closed, causing Machiko to turn toward her exceed partner.

"How'd you know I was thinking about her?" Machiko asked her as Shiro flew up so their faces were parallel.