Chapter 7

Camila POV
I slept like a baby last night thinking of Lauren. I grabbed my phone it said missed call from Austin I ignored it and I was about to text Lauren but then I remembered she left her phone in her backpack that she left accidentally in the woods. I don't really think it was on accident honestly I find it a little odd but maybe I'm just paranoid. I shook off that thought and got ready for school. No one is ever home so it is always quite. My parents moved to South America leaving me behind they never gave a proper goodbye they just left a note in the kitchen saying they took off. They left me tons of money to last a while so I didn't have to worry about any of that. I grabbed my backpack and then I grabbed Lauren's. I sat on the front step once again waiting for a ride because last time Austin called he told me he couldn't pick me up for some stupid reason.

"Please pick me up Lauren." I spoke to myself hoping she would come.

Out of curiosity I opened Lauren's backpack because her phone went off. I was then confused finding her clothes she wore from yesterday. Something was up and I'm going to figure it out.
I closed her backpack and a minute later I saw a black pickup truck pull into my drive way.

The girls picked me up and took me to school after we arrived I got out of the truck slowly. Lauren waited for me to exit the passenger side of the vehicle and the others took off to get to class earlier. We walked behind the truck and out of nowhere a crazy driver blasting music was coming straight toward us losing control of the auto mobile. The car swerved and was about to hit us I closed my eyes while tightly hugging Lauren bracing for impact. She hugged me with one arm and I didn't feel hurt at all. I opened my eyes slowly her other arm made a dent into the car. I looked into her eyes she looked very worried and I was very confused. Lauren then took her hand and made a dent in her own vehicle making it look like we didn't get hit at all. People gathered around while Lauren had a word with the driver. I stood patiently waiting for her to return to me. After she was done talking the crowd dissipated and we walked into the school without saying a single word to the other. I grabbed her arm and took her into the girls bathroom I needed answers.

"Explain everything Lauren."I demanded.

"Explain what I have nothing to explain." She told me.

"Are you fricken Edward Cullen that was a move he would pull." I questioned her.

"No I'm not a vampire I'm not anything I'm just Lauren." the girl said.

"Okay just Lauren I want answers soon." I said.

"I can't tell you I would if I could but I can't Camila I can't." Lauren said.

"Fine I believe you but if whatever relationship we have right now if it's legit in the future your gonna have to tell me... Deal?" I asked.

"Deal."

Lauren POV

After school I went straight into my backyard I didn't even bother to go inside. I instantly stripped leaving my clothes beside a tree. I leaped forward instantly changing into the monster I am a were wolf. I ran fast into the woods ignoring my muscles aching for me to stop. I then stopped instantly when I heard that dick. Wolves can hear 10 miles away but he was at least a couple feet away. I turned around facing now a paler red eyed Austin he was obviously freshly turned into a vampire.

"Hi ya filthy mutt" the voice echoed into my ears.

"Stay away from Camila you asshole."   I threatened.

"Wow that's an offer I have to refuse because next week after I take her to the movies I'm sucking every ounce of blood from that tiny helpless girl's body." He said.

"Your not laying one finger on her.."
I growled.

Then three wolves appeared from the forest backing me up.

"You should leave." I suggested.

"Bye losers." He said taking off in a flash.

"Fuck" I yelled then growled.

I didn't say a word to the girls I ignored them, all I could think about is that bastard taking her life away. I wasn't going to let that happen I need her here alive. I ran back to the house changing into a human. I gathered my clothes and put them on. I went inside sat down on the couch and started thinking about this whole situation.
Camila knows something is up and her boyfriend is now a fuckin vampire great could my life get any better. I got up and found my phone I dialed Camila's number.

She answered saying,"hello."

"Camila I have to tell you to break up with Austin the night before you go to the movies with him." I explained.

"Why" she sassed.

"Because you have to trust me." I pleaded.

"I guess I can but I don't like these secrets Lauren." She complained.

"I'll tell you I promise I will one day but not today I can't." I told her.

The next few days were complicated Camila tried to get answers from me but I sadly denied her every time. It was Friday and she told me Austin was planning on moving their date to this Saturday instead next Saturday. I invited Camila over to my house to spend the night so I knew she was safe and sound. The doorbell rang and Camila was looking sad I didn't ask I just grabbed her hand and dragged her into my room. She set her bag down and sat on my bed with her head down. I took my pointer finger and lifted her head up to see her stunning eyes.

"Hey what's the matter?"I whispered softly.

"All these secrets I don't like them." She confessed.

"I don't either Camila I'll tell you tomorrow I promise." I said.

"Yay thank you!" She said very excited.

Without hesitation she kissed me and made me feel super weak. She kept kissing me for a while I tried my hardest not to hurt her. She pulled away and laid on my bed. I joined her holding her in my arms staring into her dark brown chocolate eyes. we laid like that for the rest of the night until my eyes closed.

"Goodnight sleepy head." Camila whispered then kissed my forehead.

I smiled and instantly fell asleep knowing the girl in my arms was safe for tonight.