Chapter 24

RIHANNA'S POV

I came to her house the next day just like she told me to, not that I would've listened to her if she said no anyway. Truth be told I missed her already and I was ready to apologize and grovel if it meant being back on her good side again. I didn't like being at odds with my baby believe it or not, no matter how much we seemed to argue with each other.

I raised my hand up to the door to knock, but stopped myself when I remembered she had a spare key under her welcome mat that she told me about a couple of weeks ago. I unlocked her door and set the key on top of the entry way table in her foyer and climbed up the stairs.

I was feeling very forgiving but that shit flew straight out the window when I heard her on the phone talking to somebody.

"Yeah, love. I miss you too."

My blood boiled. The first thing she did when she got a new phone was talk to another bitch. She was unbelievable. I kicked open her door, making it slam harshly against the wall. She jumped in surprise, raising her hand to her chest. "Yeah, I'm fine...I gotta go my girl just got here. No questions I'll fill you in later...Bye!"

I stood there fuming with my fists clenched. She looked at me funny and cocked her head. "Hi baby."

"Don't say hi to me. Who the fuck were you talking to?"

I stepped in front of her, towering over her as I held her stare.

"You need to chill out. I was talking to a friend."

"Bull fucking shit. Lie better."

"I'm not! I was literally talking to a friend from Sacramento."

I looked down at her skeptically, a deep frown on my face. She let out a long sigh and shook her head. "Baby I'm not lying to you. Come here."

I bent down in front of her and rested my forearms on her thighs. She tilted my head up gently, forcing my doubtful green eyes to meet her earnest chocolate ones. "Why don't you wanna believe me? You're acting crazy when you don't need to."

I slapped her hands away from my face and huffed out in frustration. "I'm not acting crazy. I just really fucking hate it when you talk to other people like that. Especially when I know that every person you talk to is a fucking model. I don't like that shit."

"I don't do that out of spite it's just the way I talk to my friends."

I shrugged, looking away from her. "I still don't like that shit. After what you did to me with Damani I'm just skeptical of you."

"I'm sorry I ever gave you a reason to doubt me like that but you have to trust me. You're gonna exhaust yourself if you don't trust me and this whole thing," she said, motioning to the both of us. "It's not gonna work and I want us to work. I trust you Robyn. Trust me."

She took off my beanie and ruffled my hair, tucking a few stray strands behind my hair. I rolled my eyes and stood up, making her hands fall away from my face. "Whatever."

I tried to move away from here, but she grabbed ahold of my overalls, tugging me back toward her. She looked up at me pleadingly. "Robz stop running from me and talk to me."