Chapter 38

MAYA'S POV

I popped out of bed abruptly, looking around my room. It was still dark and Robyn was still fast asleep next to me. Sometime during the night, she had let go of me and rolled over. I reached over her to grab my phone that was placed face down on the bed side table.

It buzzed with an incoming call as soon as I grabbed it. I looked at the number immediately recognizing it as hers. I answered and quickly left the bedroom, careful not to disturb the sleeping brunette.

"What the fuck are you calling me for?" I demanded through clenched teeth. "I told you I would give you a time and a place not the other way around."

"Maya-"

I cut her off, glancing toward my parent's bedroom door when I heard the light click of nails against the wood floors. As the dog approached me I picked her up in my arms and continued with the conversation. "No fuck that. You can't call me like that while my girlfriend's around. What do you want, it's 5 a.m?"

She sighed once I finished my rant. "I want to see you."

"Fuck that."

My finger hovered over the end button but the panic in her voice made me stop. "Please! Look just please I'm only asking for fifteen minutes at max. I need to see you."

I shifted on my bare feet and looked off toward the stairs. "Fine. You get 15 minutes, not a second over. Meet me at the park up the street from my house in 10 minutes

"Okay. I miss you."

"Yeah, okay." I hit the end button without returning the remark. I sighed and set the dog down before I ran a hand through my bed head. My hand dropped to my side as the other one pushed open the door slightly. I looked at Robyn and shook my head. I don't know why I was jeopardizing my relationship again for somebody that couldn't let me be happy with someone else, yet here I was.

"What the hell is wrong with me ginger?" She cocked her head for a moment and then trotted off.

I knew this was wrong. This was so wrong, but I couldn't help it. I wasn't cheating on Robyn, but it felt like it. I was going behind her back with a girl that was almost the cause of our break up. I peeled off the boy shorts I had worn to bed and grabbed a pair of sweats that were thrown over the back of my chair and a sweatshirt hanging in my closet.

My bed head couldn't be tamed at the moment so I grabbed one of Robyn's beanies off of my dresser and pulled it on my head. I left the bedroom after putting on a pair of classic Adidas and taking one last look at my sleeping girlfriend. I slipped into my bathroom quietly and brushed my teeth before I left out of the house.

Robyn and I's cars were still the only ones in the driveway. No one had come home last night and I highly doubt they'd be home until late at night. I glanced toward my car, but quickly shook my head, dismissing the thought. It'd be best if I didn't take my car. I didn't need to raise any more suspicion than I already was.

I walked slowly to my neighborhood's park and sat at one of the stone tables with my hands shoved deep into the pocket of my sweatshirt.

I looked down at a crack in the cement seemingly enamored by it until I felt a warm hand rest against my shoulder. I looked up at the girl and then at her hand, frowning. She got the hint and removed her hand. She gave me an awkward smile and sat down next to me, close enough so our knees touched every time either of us tried to move.

"Make this quick."

"The least you could do is be nice. I miss you."

"I know," I shrugged, avoiding those clear grey eyes at all costs.