Chapter 1

Rose (POV)

My name is Rose and my 16th birthday is only one day away. I have been waiting for this to happen for so long, I'll bring my mate home to meet my crazy family but come on. Who's family isn't crazy? I can bring him home to the family and my brother Nathan will probably scare him and say "Hurt her, and you're dead." kind of thing. Nathan is such a good brother, he's been protecting me since I was a baby, he's so sweet to me. Nathan's is the future alpha of our pack, the Blood Moon Pack. He turned 18 a month ago but dad's been gone on an important alphas meeting where Nathan hasn't been given the title yet. Poor Nathan, he always checking up with dad so he can be filled in so when he becomes alpha he knows what's going on.

Today could be the day that Eric and I finally can be together. Eric's been my boyfriend for the past two years. He turned sixteen last year and still hasn't found his mate, which to me is great news. Mostly because that means I still have a chance to be his mate, we've talked about if we ended up not being mates then we would accept what the moon goddess has planned for us and find a way to move on. Let's just hope that doesn't happen.

I go to take a shower for school, after my shower I slip on a dark purple mini skirt and a black spaghetti strap top and slide on my black and white fresh looking converses. Once done getting dressed I hear mom calling me to get my ass down stairs before Nathan eats all of my food. While eating I hear Nathan inhaling his food and dad just looking through the newspaper while mom kept making more and more pancakes. When breakfast was done Nathan and I head out the house and down the driveway to his midnight blue Chevrolet Camaro SS Convertible 1969. We hop in the car waves good bye to mom and dad.