Two: Tributes.

Afternoon everyone!
I just want to say thank you to those who voted and/or read the first chapter!
I always enjoy feedback and do not mind if anyone is willing to give me pointers.

Before I start this chapter, I must add that I know Gloss won the 63rd Hunger Games. When Carnation was created, the research I did was not very good. And to tell you all the truth, I am too lazy to fix this little glitch. Hopefully you all can see past my mistake and just go with it. Lol.

— Luna.

__

"Carnation Greenwood."

My mouth suddenly becomes dry and tasteless. I hear my name, but I can not bare to move nor to think.

This can't be. All of these years - why now?

"Carnation Greenwood. Where are you?" Lux questioned the crowd, scanning our dull bodies for any movement. Only, I don't move. I just stare up towards Lux with shock.

Heads turn to face me. Sorrowful eyes taunting me. I've seen this look before. Quite frankly, I've made the same expression. Feeling sorry for the kid who was forced to fight for his and/or her life, but there was always a mixed feeling. You felt sorry, but happy your name wasn't called this year.

You had one more year to live. Even if your life wasn't plentiful.

A bloodcurdling scream cut the thick air in half. Pulling me out of my trance.

It is papa.

Screaming my name.

I turn my head to look over at the parents who watched him. Papa pushed against the ropes, but peacekeepers kept him at bay. Those same trembling fingers reached out, as he struggled to fight off the peacekeepers.

"Greenwood!" Lux sung with excitement. Enjoying the sight of my papa's emotional breakdown for his daughter.

Gulping down, I step forward and out of line. Slowly making my way through the crowd.

"Oh!" Lux squealed once he spots me dragging my feet. "She is gorgeous."

Cameras zoomed up to get a better look of my face. Four peacekeepers suddenly placed themselves around me, escorting me up to the podium. Forcing me to move faster.

I dare not cry. Crying is the last thing you need to do while in the games. Show no weakness.

"No! Not my baby! Please! Not her too!" Father's voice trailed through the courtyard.

My legs feel like jam as I take each step up to the podium. I remember watching mama's games. She looked just as frightened, but she held her head up. I am to do the same. Now is the time to start playing.

Lux reaches out for me. His well groomed hands gripped my narrow shoulders once I reach the top of the podium. Lux guides me to the microphone, large smile still dancing across his handsome face. Up close, the escort looks younger. Not even a few years older than myself.

"Would you like to say something, dear?" Lux questioned me.

I look up at him, eyes wide with terroir. Licking my lips, I turn my attention back onto the worn out faces. Listening to papa's sobs. Rubbing my hands against my dress, I move slightly forward.