Chapter Ten

Song: Dear Life- Delta Goodrem.

  "Before the day begins, you are not yet engaged in any physical activities. And it is only physically that you are constrained by the limits of time and place; mentally, there are no such boundaries"- Menachem Mendel Schneerson

The pain that Cassie felt cause her to moan, she was weak and in a state of distress. She looked around her in her seated position to see if she could catch a glimpse of the person that had attacked her, but there was no success. Her wealthy, peaceful neighborhood looked just like it always did: It was quiet, it felt like no one was living in the big houses that were neatly lined on the streets. All she could hear were crickets, and even they seemed to try to keep hush so that they don't disturb the peace of the high-class people that lived there. Cassie did not understand how someone could have the guts to attack her in such a neighbourhood that had surveillance cameras on every street and corner.

She rested her back on her car for a while and shut her eyes, she took in a deep breath in an attempt to calm the pain she felt. She placed her palm on the ground and then she pushed herself up, sliding her back up against the car that was just used to hurt her. She stumbled a bit because of the dizziness that she felt, but she quickly regained her consciousness. She examined her car and saw that there was a crack on her window, where her attacker pushed her head against. She also saw that there was some blood on her car, and she quickly wiped it away with the sleeves of her pajamas. The blood smudged on the car but disappeared as she continued to wipe. If she had her way, she would not want anyone to find out about what happened to her, because it might complicate everything. She did not want anyone digging into the case she was involved in, especially now that she was getting slightly closer to getting answers.

She opened the garage door of her house and then she got into her car and drove it in. She decided to hide it there until she was able to get it fixed. She did not want her parents to notice the crack on her car window. They hardly drove their cars into the garage, and so she knew that it was a reasonable hiding place. She walked back into her house through the garage and she went straight to the kitchen. She picked up a bottle of painkillers and then she took it with her to the sink. She opened a cupboard that was over the sink and she retrieved a glass cup from it. She fetched some cold water and then she popped two pills in her mouth, and drowned it down with the water. She consumed all the water in the cup, filled it up, and consumed all the contents again.

She walked up the staircase, each step brought her some slight pain and discomfort. She walked into her bathroom and pulled out her first-aid kit from one of the cupboards. She tore out some cotton wool from the big ball it was in, and then she put it over a bottle of iodine solution and turned the bottle upside down so that its purple liquid soaked the white wool. She wiped the wound on her forehead with the cotton wool and tightened her face as soon as the liquid touched the wound. It caused a sharp pain on the wound that lasted a while. She kept on wiping until she saw that no blood came out, and all she could see was some pinkness and her torn flesh. She picked up a Band-Aid from the kit and carefully placed it over her wound. Once she was done she tossed the peel from the Band-Aid and the used cotton wool in the bin, and then she placed everything else back where they were.

She looked at her reflexion in the mirror and twisted her mouth to the side, she stared at the Band-Aid that rested on her head and sighed. She looked at her lips which were slightly cut, she turned on the cold side of the faucet and then she brought her mouth under the water and allowed it to wash away the little blood that slid out.  "Cassie, what have you gotten yourself into this time?" she asked her reflexion, in a breathy tone. She pumped some liquid hand wash onto her hands and rinsed it off with warm water, she dried her hands with a paper towel which she tossed in the bin once she was done.