Ch. 8

*Speckle POV*
        I woke up the next day feeling ready for the day. I got ready quickly and jumped up and down a few times to get myself pumped. I walked outside looking for Connor hoping I won't have to eat breakfast alone. I don't have to wait long Connor is standing against a tree near my tent. Looks like he has been standing there awhile since he seems to have dozed off a bit.
         I slip my way over trying not to make any sound. I go behind him and prepare to put my hands over his eyes when all of a sudden someone grabs my hand. I turn around and Spike is motioning me to be quite and come with him. We walk a distance away to talk most likely so not to wake Connor.

"Connor didn't sleep at all last night. He just stood at that tree waiting to see you again. You really got him good didn't you." He says with a wide grin. I look away blushing like mad.

"I thought he went back to his tent. Poor guy I wanted to train today." I say looking at the ground.

"I can help you train until Romeo wakes up. That way you can show him how great you are right off the bat." He says with a chuckle.

We walk over to a little hollow in the forest that must be the training grounds. There are several targets for practice and a few things to jump on. Spike walks to the very center and turns around like a coach about to give a speech.

"So today I will be teaching you how to fight like a warrior. What do you know young trainee?" He says with a wink.

"Um... not much all I know is what they taught us in gym class basic pack fighting techniques." I say looking down.

"Alright I'll judge what you can do and after that help you polish some things."

         I start off running my main talent showing that I can at least do something well. Next I find a fighting dummy and start kickboxing trying to not look like a complete failure. Finally I change into my cheetah and showing anything I can following my instincts in fighting.

"That was actually really impressive. I couldn't do any of that when I got here you have great instincts." He says with a big smile.

"Thanks I just want to try my hardest since the fate of everyone I care about is on the line."

"You'll do great I believe in you and everyone else does too we know that you have it in you to do this." He says with a sincere smile.

       We spend the rest of the morning practicing getting my finesse up to the level it should be for a fight. We break for lunch and Connor comes walking in rubbing his eyes. He comes up asking what time it is. We tell him and he falls off his chair sad he missed teaching me.

"Alright guys it's time to get back out there. Connor no slacking off we all know you can't help but fall asleep when your with Speckle." Spike says with a wink.

"More like I can't bare to sleep when I'm with her." Connor says giving me a quick side hug.

"Enough talk boys I'm going to beat both of you." I say running ahead.

           More training that kind of blurs together with exhaustion. We all pushed ourselves as hard as we could learning to work together with the others in the camp. I go to bed that night hopeful for the future. Connor gives me a sweet goodbye kiss that makes me happy that I'm with him and get to know him. I lie in bed for only a few minutes before drifting into a peaceful sleep.