Ch.2

Speckle POV*

After talking to Connor I realized I had to go my family would be so worried. As I was running away I wanted so badly to turn back and be with him. I was home within a few seconds. I walked in the door and of course my entire family is up waiting for me.

They all started asking questions at once even Evelyn though she can't talk. I told them all about my encounter leaving out all the lovey stuff. After that I asked my brother how his day went.

He told me all about how he soared the sky's looking for his mate. He finally found by literally running into her. Apparently she is a little white dove. Her name is Nicole and I'm glad Drew got such an cool girl. I've met her before and they will be so happy.

Mom and Dad at this moment start crying. They say their babies are all grown up but I'm like you still have Evelyn. After some diner I went to bed and now it's the morning.

I change into my cheetah when I first wake up. I feel so powerful like I could do almost anything. I love my tail and ears so much more that I actually have a body to go with them. My friends will so love this.

After a quick breakfast I shift and run all the way to school. See running is way to hard human the only reason I'm good is cheetah speed. When I get there best friend comes over. I tell her all about last night and include the lovey stuff. She is a tabby cat and is the best friend a girl could ask for. Her name is Rebecca she hasn't met her mate yet.

"That is so awesome!" Is the first thing she says.

"I know right. Wanna see my cheetah?" I say.

"Of course show me right now everyone else who can is." She says.

I show her my cheetah and her eyes get huge. Didn't relieve I was that impressive. Now everyone else is looking I don't like this many eyes on me. I change back quickly thank goodness your clothes disappear than reappear when you change.

"That was the coolest thing I have every seen." Rebecca says.

"Really I look that cool?" I say as I grab my tail that is always there. School lets us be us so that's good.

"Totally! I can't believe that I'm best friends with a cheetah!" She says.

"Thank you. We have to get to class now." I say.

Everyone stares at me all the time. People are so nosy when your a one of a kind. Here comes Prissy's group. Her pose are all mice. They just want to please Prissy. She herself is a poodle while her mate Drake the football star is a pit bull.

"Oh her comes the misfit and her tag along." She says.

"Ignore her and maybe she will go away." Rebecca says.

"She isn't worth it anyway." I say.

"I will get you and your little cat too." Prissy says and she couldn't be more like the wicked witch of the west.

I go to class and everything is fine for the rest of the day but no sign of Connor anywhere. When I get home there is a little letter on the table with my name on it.

I open it to see what is about. It is a letter from the council asking me to come to the house tomorrow at nine o'clock. As I ready my stomach gets more nauseous and by the end I'm a mess. I don't know what they could want from me.

When my parents get home I show them the letter. They say its most likely nothing and to not get so worried. I can't help it I've never met the council and I'm terrified.

I say I'm tired and I want to go to bed. My parents let me go but just before I go I see their worried look. I sit in bed for hours without any sleep finally when it's probable ten o'clock I drift off.

Connor POV*

This entire day I have wanted to go see Speckle but I know I can't I have a mission to do to save her. Even though its been a day I still keep picturing her cheetah. I just realized I never actually saw her human face so I have only her from four years ago. I must see her soon.

Spike interrupts my thoughts by shooting a spike at my head. I dodge and catch it even daydreaming I have my panther reflexes.

"Come on we have to go now before dawn breaks." He says.

"Hold on a second I'm coming." I say as we both shift to our animals.

It was so much harder to do missions when I hadn't shifted. I thank Speckle for this gift. The others were getting mad for the slow down but now I can be an asset.

I look back once as I charge father from her. I send one last thought her way saying I will see her soon. I can almost her response saying she will always wait for me. I guess we formed our telepathic link then. I will talk to her everyday now. I am not sad to leave knowing I will come back.

My crew and I charge for a long time. They all have mates in camp lucky them. The council wants me tomorrow at nine o'clock. I have at least that to look forward to.

---------------------------------------------

I hope you like it whoever is actually reading this. Please vote and comment! I follow anyone who follows me so keep being amazing!