Ch. 7

*Speckle POV*
After saying goodbye to Connor I head back to school. I tell the school nurse I have a headache and run to tell Rebecca I'm leaving. I feel such a sense of loss telling her that I won't be around for awhile I'll miss her.
       When I'm done making up my excuse on why I will be gone for at least a week I run home. I pack a bag with everything I think I will need which is mostly just a bunch of clothes. With that finished its now time for me to talk to my parents.

"Hey mom we need to talk." I say dreading the goodbye.

"I already know what your going to say it's okay. As your mother I will worry like crazy and wish I could stop you but there is nothing I can do. This is what you were meant for I will just have to watch and help where I can." She replies with a broken hearted smile.

"Thank you that really helps." I say choking back tears.

"Go I trust you." She says hugging and not letting me go.

"I love you so much." I say pulling away walking towards the door.

"I love you too be safe I will always be here for you." She calls holding her hand to her mouth to stop the tears.

     I run from home blinking tears, that could have been the last time I see my mom. I run until finally my legs hurt. I over shot my mark by about eight miles so I make a slow walk back which is at about fifteen miles an hour.

*Connor POV*
I wait patiently for Speckle to come to the camp. Alright not patiently I've been pacing for what feels like days. I made her room or rather tent up making sure it was perfect. This is the first time I will be with my mate for more than a few minutes.
          Our first date didn't go so good so I want to make sure from here on out everything goes smoothly. Mates just means your personalities match but any relationship still takes a lot of work. I don't want to have her become one of those sad old cat ladies literally with no hope for love.
          I hear movement a little ways out and can't help but hope that it is her. Nope always wrong it's just Spike working on shooting his quills again.
           I turn around and there she is totally sweaty but I don't even care about her hair all I care about is that she is finally here with me.

"Speckle it's been forever my love." I say in my cool guy manner.

"You wish. I'm glad to see you too." She says with a playful smile.

            I take her to her tent where she puts down her bag. I then give her the grand tour of the camp. In all there are seventeen tents including ours for bedrooms, a kitchen outdoor style, a full set of bathrooms with water from the creek near by and a classroom so we don't fall behind on school.

"So how do you like it?" I say.

"It's perfect if I get to be with you." She says making my heart flutter.

We spend the rest of the day together just talking getting to know each other in a whole new way. My primal instincts want me to take the relationship as fast as I can but I know a true bond takes time.
Eventually it's time for bed but I don't want to leave. I walk her to her tent lagging trying to make it last longer to no avail. As we reach her tent all I can think about is how much I want to kiss her. I think the time is right.
         I lean in hoping instinct will tell me what to do. She comes forward and all of the sudden our lips meet. It's only weird for the first few seconds and then we find our way. It is the best thing ever it makes me feel complete to kiss my one true mate.
          We break apart both with a look of satisfaction. That was a perfect first kiss under the stars staring into each other's eyes. With that I say a quick goodnight and give her the tightest hug I can without hurting her.
           I walk back to my tent with such happiness it is unexplainable. I practically skip all the way there which as a male panther is probably the most ridiculous looking thing ever.
           I can't wait for tomorrow even though it will be hard she will be there. I will always protect her and she will always protect me I've never had a bond that incredibly strong. We can face the world head on as long as we have each other.