Chapter 18 - Tension in the Streets

Emily's POV

After the day I spent with Ash, things went back to their usual ways. I’d wake up to an empty bed, I’d realize that he’s at recording, I’d spend the day with Bella and then he’d come home for a normal goodnight cuddle. It didn’t bother me as much anymore; it just made me appreciate the night times.

It’s been a week since that day and they’ve had around 4 days off. We used them all wisely doing things like trips to the beach, going out for lunch and we even had a movie day in the comfort of our home.

At this move day we had a new addition come along. Nellie. I’d met her once before but didn’t gather much of an opinion. She was beautiful and clearly caught Michael’s fancy considering he was quick to invite her over. She’s very ‘over the top’. Everything she says isn’t exactly monotone. She’s always varying her tone from high pitch to even higher pitch. I occasionally had to leave the room with the excuse of ‘I need the loo’ just to get away from her. Although at the beach she seemed okay, Bella and I were beginning to think otherwise.

We’re both the sort of people that listen to our gut instincts because 9/10 they are correct. Even at the beach there was something about her, the way she launched herself over Mikey provocatively didn’t go in her favour at all when it came to my instincts. The boys, well they didn’t really care, they’ll just let her swan in and out as she pleases but the minute she starts to affect one of us they’ll flip but until then, she’s ‘welcome’ here.

Today is going to be their 5th day off and we’d planned another day out which Nellie was joining us on... It wasn’t going to be a tiring day where we’d planned something huge, no, just a nice day, us 7, walking round the town, eating at nearly every diner we see. The boys had already said that they wanted to spend one day just walking round in the hope that they’d bump into loads of fans and catch them off guard. Everyone agreed and thought it was a brilliant idea so yeah, that’s what we’re doing today.

I flung my head round in the response to a knock at the door. I leapt over the sofa in one swift motion and opened the door. My eager excitement left my now emotionless face when I realized it was only her, Nellie.

“Oh my days! Em! Hey!” She squealed whilst jumping on me.

“Oh hey” I responded quietly, barely being able to breath as her grip tightened round my back.

“Nellie!” I heard Michael scream from behind, his voice got louder quickly as he ran towards her, taking her grip from me and claiming her for himself.

I stepped away letting them have their little romantic moment, looking back I noticed Michael’s face, he seemed rather besotted. On their days off, Michael always found time for her. None of us really knew where they went or what they did but judging by the way he’s acting round her; I’m guessing he took her on some dates. I’ve never seen him like this before, I haven’t known him all that long BUT the boys also said he’s acting weird. Ashton said the way he was seemed familiar from the time when he first met me.

Speaking of Ashton, I decided to go pay him a morning visit. When I woke up he was still asleep, I didn’t want to interrupt his beautiful murmur so I let him be and got some breakfast.

As I got closer to his room I could still hear that little murmur which had the ability to melt me at the knees. A delicate smile grew over my face as warmth filled my body. I walked in the room and my smile grew even larger when I saw the body of my boyfriend wrapped warmly in the quilts. I tiptoed over to the bed trying not to wake him.

I slithered under the sheets and found my way into his arms. I nestled my nose into the pillows and hoped for maybe a couple of minutes sleep.

“Morning you” I heard a groan come from beside me. I hadn’t even managed to close my eyes yet.