(1)"Let's call it a break?"

I dialed his number for the 7th time that day and no response. His phone was still in service, he was online just a couple seconds ago.

What are you doing, David?

I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen to look for breakfast.

Things you probably should know: 1. David and I have been dating for about 2 years now and he's never once not answered his phone. 2.David is a big-6-time gamer. I, personally, don't think he's very good, but who am I to tell him to give up on his big dreams? 3. I'm only waking up this late because it's Spring break. After this there's only 2 months until summer begins.

As I sat and ate breakfast, I contemplated all the reasons as to why David wasn't picking up. He was either mad at me, cheating on me, or just so happened to forget his phone at home.

Whatever, I have better things to do.

My better things to do was go on social media. I went on Facebook and re-posted cute dog videos, cat videos, turtle videos. All the cute videos.

I went on Twitter and tweeted my mood away.

Tweet: "I hate it when people don't answer their damn cell phones"

Tweet: "Why won't you pick up???? @davidisacoolgamer0690"

Tweet: "Whatever, I'm done wasting my time. Do what you want."

Tweet: "My cereal went soggy now. Damn you distractions."

Shortly after, I received a text from an unknown number.

(UNKNOWN NUMBER): Hey little one, how are you?

Me: Who is this?

(UNKNOWN NUMBER): James.

Awh, how sweet. He's checking up on me.

Me: Oh hey James! I'm okay. imy <3

James was like an older brother to me. Whenever I was sad, he would come and comfort me. When I needed someone to talk to, he would just know and call me to let me rant to him. We never actually hung out though because my parents wouldn't let me go out alone with an 18 year old.

James: I miss you too <3 What have you been up to? What's got you so bummed? :/

Me: Sleeping lol and David won't answer the phone. He always answers the phone

James: Maybe he's sleeping too?

Me: No he was on Facebook a couple minutes ago

James: haha I use Facebook and then fall asleep within seconds sometimes

Me: true. I suppose

James: yeah, cheer up little one.

I went on Facebook again just to pass the time and I had a new message. It was from David.

Finally.

David:

We need to talk.

I've been a lot busier lately and I don't have time for a girlfriend right now.

I think we should break up.

---

Me: You're busy doing what? You've had time for me every other day? We were literally on the phone until 2am last night. What's wrong?