(7) He likes me, He likes me not

Me: hi

James: hey

*Incoming call: James*

James: wth you text me and leave???

James: Emma, answer me please.

Me: okay

James: lol that's all I get?

Me: Yes :-)

James: can I see you tonight?

Me: yes, im ready this time.

James: are you sure? you don't get to chicken out again

Me: I won't. maybe you might.

James: lol, no, little one :*

Me: We'll see ;)

Hanging out with James won't be so bad. He said all he wanted to do was talk. Maybe he was being honest. Maybe we could cuddle and just lay there together and talk. Any girl-- every girl-- would love to be in that situation. Laying in bed with someone they feel completely comfortable with just talking. Feeling the intimacy without having to be intimate with them. Expressing the love without the lust. That's what I wanted and I thought James could provide that for me.

---

At around 8pm, I began going through the plan and finding all the flaws. I really didn't want to get caught. I'd be risking it all letting him into my house through the window.

What if he was too loud?

What if I was too loud?

What if we laughed?

What if my parents couldn't sleep that night?

What if the window screen falls and makes a huge noise?

What if the neighbors see?

For about an hour I stressed about all the things that could go wrong, but then he called.

He eased all my worries and said he would take care of me. Towards the end of the conversation he even offered to kidnap me and flee the country. All in good fun, of course. We were never serious about things like that. Not for the time being, anyway.

At around 10pm I told my parents I was heading to bed and going to sleep. I told them that if I didn't go to sleep I was going to have a really long day the next day. So, we said our goodnights and I went to my room to carry out my plan.

I stayed in bed and texted him until midnight. It was getting hard to stay awake, but when he said he was on his way, it was hard to ignore all the feelings crawling around in my stomach. I twisted and turned the whole time awaiting his knock at my window. Every 5 minutes, I would look out the window and check to see if he was walking down the street yet.

I considered changing out of my normal PJs, given that they were some shorts and the old, extra big t-shirt that fit me very loosely, but I figured the blankets would cover me up.

*tap tap*

He's here.