Part 2: Chapter 6

She walks to the kitchen, and sits down on our small dining room table.

"Sit,"she sais.

I walk over and sit as far as I can from her.

"Mom...I," I start to say when she cuts me off.

"Listen," she sais, " Just listen."

Now being so close to her, I notice her posture is sagged, and her eyes sunken. She's wearing designer clothes, and has a very expensive looking purse at her side, but she looked horrible, like if the weight of the world were at her shoulders, her hair, even her bouncy chocolate curls had streaks of grey in them.

"I'm dying," she sais suddenly, without looking up from her clasped hands sitting in front of her.

My mouth is suddenly dry. My head is throbbing, and my vision blurs as I begin to cry.

"What?!?' I almost yell.

"Stop! Listen, Jesus, just listen!" she yells finally looking up.

Her once, brown eyes, are now a deep black abbys, void of life as she stares at me.

She lets out a deep sigh, and begins talking once again," Allison, I..... I'm sorry."

Her words, her words are like a slap to the face, a slap I never expected to have been struck with.

"Mom...It's okay," I say sympathetically.

"No, no it's not! I'm sorry....I'm sorry to ever have met you!" she screams at me.

Forget the slap, this is more of a sledge hammer hitting me in the face, 100 miles per hour.

I groan, as the tears begin to subside.

I'm Done.

I think as I begin to get up slowly.

"Sit down!" she yells at me.

"NO!" I scream, a scream i never thought I had in me.

"What did you just say to me?" she asks me incredulously.

I run.

I run as fast as I can, out of the house.

I feel like a bolt of lightning has struck me, and the energy is surging through my veins.

I've run about three miles, as I finally feel the effects on my legs.

I duck into an alley way, not caring of the homeless people staring up at me from their make-shift homes. I find a small corner, and sit, dragging my knees up and hug them close to my face, as I begin to cry.

I cry, and I cry. As I begin feeling sleepy, I feel something, or someone, nestle close to me, lulling me to sleep.