Chapter 5- Continuous Dreams of Fear

The hallway across is filled with mannequin heads on the side. It's creepy.
"I feel like I'm being watched. . . " I said,
"Me too. We should be alert." replied Garry.
Went across the hallway without any trouble at all.

We entered a new room. Quite big but not much open space. Headed left, saw four paintings lined.
We paused and felt a chill. The paintings are, "Lady In Red", "Lady In Blue", "Lady In Green", and "Lady In Yellow". There's a good chance that they'll come after us. They can get out half of their body off their canvas and crawl chase us.
"Let's run. We'll find a place to hide." said Garry.
"Ok. Let's go." I reply.
We ran past those paintings. CRASH! THUD!
Run, run! RUN!! The lady in red got out of her painting first. "Ib, stay close!" Garry shouted.
I took Garry's hand so I won't fall behind or get separated. There are two doors. We went to the right one. There's a number pad and a question on top, "How many paintings of women in this room?"
"What the--" Garry stopped then ran around the room. I let my hand go and ran to follow him instead. Garry's quickly counting the paintings. We ran around the whole room and lastly got back to the door. Garry pressed the number 1 and 3 on the number pad. . . . .Nothing happened. . . .
Garry counted wrong. There are 14 paintings-- Ahh!! The lady in red is coming!
"Why won't it work?!" Garry exclaimed. I pat his back lightly.
"Garry, calm down!" I quickly pressed the numbers, 1 and 4. . . . .There was a sound. . .
Hurriedly opened the door then entered. Garry closed the door as soon as we got inside. We're both panting.

"I'm sorry about that, Ib." Garry must be talking about how he panicked just now. He really looked scared and so did I. But I counted the paintings carefully. "It's ok. I felt the same way."
We rested there for a while. There's a vase in the middle of the room.
"You should put your rose there, Ib." said Garry. I placed my rose on the vase. I feel better now.
"You ready to go?" asked Garry. "Yes, let's leave." I said.
We exited the room then explored this big room. There's another door in the far end. It's not locked. We went inside.
All I see is, a mirror. I'm up to Garry's shoulder. I'm quite short. Anyway, we gotta get going there's nothing else here--Op! There's a mannequin head blocking the exit. Are we supposed to go elsewhere?
"Let's check the mirror again." I suggested. We went back to the mirror and Garry tried to move the mirror but it won't budge.
?!? "G-Garry, t-there's a-a. . ."  I stammer. I pointed to Garry's shoulder.
The mannequin head is suddenly behind him!!
"AAAAHHHHH!!!" Garry shouted.
That is so creepy!
"Why you. . .!" Garry's gonna kick the mannequin head?! I went to him and held his arm tightly.
He lowered his foot and exhaled. "You're right, Ib. That was immature of me. Sorry."
"It's ok, Garry. Let's go."

We went out the room. "Ah-! There's even more now. Stay close, Ib." he grabbed my hand and I tighten mine to his. Everything's moving. All those painting women and headless statues. We entered a small room and quickly closed the door. "Hah. . . hah. . .That was close." said Garry.
There's a sofa here. I sat on it. Hmm. . . . .It's pretty comfortable and safe. "Garry, rest for a while." I said.
"Good idea." he stood up then sat on the sofa beside me. We rested on the sofa for a while.
I got up and looked around. "Ah! Mo-. . . . " I said. This large painting, "Couple" are my parents. . .Why is there a painting of them. . .? "Ib, what's wrong?" Garry stood up from the sofa and also looked at the painting. "These two are. . . .my parents. . ." I said. "What?! Why would a painting of them be down here?" said Garry.
We've got to get back everything to normal so I can see them too. . .
Tears started to fall from my eyes. I bit my upper lip to stop the tears from falling. No use, though.
"H-Hey Ib, I'm sure we can see the normal gallery and get out of here and see your parents too." said Garry. "Thanks. . . ." I rub my eyes with my sleeves. I'm good to go. I'll see them soon.

THUD! THUD! THUD! What was that?! "Something's behind that door, Ib. Stay away." said Garry.
"Block the window with that bookshelf!" I shouted. There's an empty bookshelf by the window on the corner of the room. Garry moved it right to block the window. The glass could easily break.
We hid by the shelf. We heard it again. THUD! THUD! THUD! CRASH! The wall has a hole. The. . . . . . . . . . . .lady in green is inside!! The door won't open! We chased it around the room then went out the hole.
They're coming! We ran ways to look for a safe place. This isn't good. They're blocking an open door. We're gonna have to chase them around again.

We got to the door! That, I don't want to go through again. "This. . . . .Should be far enough." said Garry.
What's. . . .happening? My eyesight is getting blurry. . . . . .My legs are starting to feel numb. . . . I feel so dizzy. . . . . .

Where am I? I'm in a small room with two doors, one in front of me and one behind.
THUD! THUD! THUD! "Argh! I'm hearing them again!" Those thuds are what's scaring me. It's like it's telling me that "those things" are nearly approaching me. I quickly went through the door in front of me. Another small room with a door in front. The thuds are getting louder. . . .I quickly went through the door in front and another room with a door in front. The thuds are following me. . . .I headed to the door. . . .
It won't open. . . .! Come on, open! I struggle to turn the doorknob with both my hands. I have to force this open. THUD!! THUD!! THUD!!! They're getting closer! YES! The door opened! I'm glad I can get further away from---- "Ahhh!!" they caught up?! How'd they catch up to me?! The lady in red, a headless statue, and a mannequin head!
Oh no! The door behind me won't open anymore! Where's Garry?! Somebody help me!!
"NOOOO!! STAY AWAY!!"

I opened my eyes and found myself lying on the ground. That was all a dream, a scary nightmare that I thought I would never dream of. . . . Garry's coat is on me. He must've carried me to safety. I'm glad Garry's such a kind person. Garry went to me and asked how
I was feeling. I answered, "I had a nightmare." he just frowned a bit and said, "I see. I can't say I'm surprised  though, being exposed to such frightful sights."
I couldn't help but also frown too. I don't want any of this to happen. Why me and Garry? Why does this have to happen? It would be better if this just never happened. . . .
"Don't cry, Ib. I'm sure we can get out of here."
Oh, I didn't notice that I was crying. I was too lost in thought, I guess. But I gotta stay positive like Garry. I can't get out of here if keep on thinking that I can't get out. Like what my mom always tell me, "When you feel like you're trapped, find a way out. There is always a window that will open for you." I said as I reminisce about that time. Garry smiled and he said, "That's right, Ib."
A short moment of silence.
"Take a look in the pocket of that coat, Ib. I have something." I looked around his coat for a pocket and I saw one on the side. There's a piece of candy. . . . .
"You can have that, Ib. Feel free to eat it. Now, rest up a bit more 'till we go."
"I will, thanks Garry." then he went back to looking at a book at the bookshelf beside me. My legs still feel a bit numb. Maybe I will rest a bit even though how much I want to escape this place right now.

Moment later, we headed outside then downstairs. What's this area now? It's all violet. It's gonna be okay. I can continue.