Let's Be Alone Together

I walked in the hair dresser and saw Cal. "Hey, babe," he smiled, finishing up with a guy's hair. The guy got out of the chair and paid, leaving.

"Hey, can I get a real quick touch up? Don't want it to drain away quite yet."

"Sure, come come, sit sit," he said. I smiled and sat in the car. I closed my eyes as he fixed my hair and heard the door chime. I didn't open my eyes, just thought about some new song lyrics I'd been coming up with.

When I opened my eyes, I looked in the mirror to the waiting area. There was a guy, about Kris' age, maybe a year or two older. He had tattoos, and oh Lordy were they hot. He also had his ears gauged and his hair slicked back. He wore black skinny jeans, black combat boots, a yellow cutoff and a leather jacket. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and directed my gaze away. I paid and left, needing to get to the store.

I walked to my car and went to unlock it, but dropped the keys. "Dammit," I mumbled.

"Whoa, watch the language," a voice laughed. It had an odd accent, one I realized as French. I looked up to see the guy from inside there. I scooped up my keys and faced him.

"Hi," I said, sticking out my hand. "Nicki." He grabbed my hand and shook it. He smiled.

"Brody," he said.

"Are you stalking me?" I laughed.

"No, not yet, unless you reject my offer."

"Offer?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You and me go see a movie?" he asked in his accent. He was cute, no doubt about that.

"Depends," I said.

"Oh?" he said, raising an eyebrow. "On what?"

"When and where, oh and what."

"When? Friday. Where? The theater. What? A movie?" he said. I laughed.

"Okay, which movie?" I said.

"That new one," he said. I laughed, nodding.

"Okay. Deal, you won't stalk me. I'll go."

"And where will I pick you up?" I wrote my address on a random piece of paper from my purse and gave it to him. "Seven o'clock." I nodded and unlocked my car. He stuffed his hands in his pockets, nodded, and turned back to the parlor. I sighed and went to the store, getting Austin drugs and pop and Kris marshmallows.

                                                   {*}

"I don't know what to wear!" I said to Austin in a panic, Friday night at about five thirty.

"Wear whatever," he said, shoving chips into his mouth.

"Oh, shush. Should I wear this?" I asked, putting up an outfit.

"Yeah," he said with a mouthful. I rolled my eyes and grabbed one, getting dressed. I got ready and rushed out of the door at six fifty eight.

I ran out of the lobby as a car pulled up. Brody got out of the car and walked to me, kissing both of my cheeks.

"You look fabulous," he said.

"Fabulous? What an odd word for a guy," I said. "You don't look too bad yourself."

"Well thanks," he said, tugging at his jacket. He opened the car door for me and I climbed in. He started the car and drove to the movies.

"Your American movies," he whispered to me in the middle of the movie. I laughed quietly and rolled my eyes.

"Your French accent," I whispered back. He chuckled and shut up for the rest of the movie. He drove me back to the apartment, told me we should do it again, got my number, and left.

I opened my door to find Kris on my couch.

"Oh!" I shouted as I walked in. I put my hand on my fast beating heart. "You scared the shit out of me."

"Sorry," he said, a small smile on his lips.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, throwing my purse on the counter, as well as my jacket.

"Making sure you got home safe. I'm glad you did," he said.

"Oh, thanks, I guess. I'm safe, you don't need to worry," I smiled. He stood up to leave and kissed my forehead.

"Night, Nicki," he said.

"Good night," I said as he shut the door. I threw on some sweatpants and a sweatshirt and crawled into bed, passing out right away.

                                                       {*}

When I woke up the next morning, I had a odd feeling in my heart. It hurt, and I wasn't quite sure why. I dismissed it as heartburn and got up. I did my routine, eating, cleaning up myself, taking Advil, then grabbing my laptop and notepad to work on some new music.

I was writing down some lyrics that were coming to me, making new sounds on the computer, when my heart felt like it was exploding. I let out a scream, a very loud one, and threw my laptop to the side.

"Help!" I screeched out. "God, help me! I'm dying!" I yelled. I yelled what came to mind, my thoughts trained on me dying. I heard the door slam open and footsteps running through.

"What the hell!" Kris yelled. Austin yelled something, but my vision was blackening and my hearing was fading. It sounded like "We need to get her to the hospital."

My eyes were almost officially blackened, but a bright light burst from my vision. I knew what was happening, I was dying. I was seeing the light. The last thing I muttered before the light and the rest of my vision blacked out was, "I'm dying."

A to the sorry not sorry N

Howdy howdy ho.

Look what I did :) she met a boy and is dying in one whole chapter!

I was questioning whether to make her pregnant somewhere in here or give her some health condition. It was kinda a spur of the moment sort of thing.

I'm not going to say what the heart condition is because I haven't done any research what so ever and this is all made up. We're gonna say it's kinda the same as Austin's, but I can't remember what it's called and I'm not sure what happens at all. So we're just gonna say this is a real thing.

Questions

1) What do you think about this chapter?

2) Do you hate me?

3) I don't know where you're going but do you have room for one more troubled soul?

I love you.

Amani, Grace X