I Don't Care If We End Up In Siberia

*Six Months Later*

Kris and I have been together for eight months, but we still act like we just got together. Nothing has really changed, except for his openness. And his urgency to kiss me. It's really weird. Cally lived in Kris' old apartment, and Kris lived with me.

We were laying in bed, snuggled up in the covers. Kris had his arm draped over my bare torso. His fingers traced the tattoos that filled my arms.

"You're so beautiful," he mumbled.

"You're quite handsome yourself," I smiled. Kris looked up at me and sat up slowly.

"Sit up babe," he said.

"Okay?" I said like a question. I sat up and he looked at me. His hand was under the covers.

"So, we've been at this for eight months, and I think it's time that, that I told you that…" He trailed off. "That I love you."

My breath caught in my throat.

"Y-you, l-love me?" I whispered. I looked into his eyes. "I love you, too." His face looked relieved.

"Then I hope this turns out good," he said.

"What do you mea-"

He cute me off by holding up his closed hand. He opened his hand and it produced a small ring. I stopped breathing.

"Some people would say it's too fast, but I really love you and I know that I'm completely sure." My eyes watered, but no breath came out. "Nicki Rosaline Ace. Will you marry me?"

My world stopped. He was asking me to spend forever with him. I looked at the ring. I couldn't find my voice, but a small voice came. out of me that said 'Yes.'

His eyes looked so happy and his face relaxed.

"Yes," I said again. "Yes, yes, yes, yes!" I started bouncing and threw my arms around him. His face was on my bare shoulder. "I love you so much," I said. He pulled away and grabbed my left hand. He slipped the ring onto my ring finger and we both examined it. I stood up and started jumping and screaming on the bed.

I was so excited that I didn't hear my front door open. I heard footsteps pounding down the hallway and then the door flung open. Almost everyone was there.

"What the hell?" Austin yelled. I jumped down from the bed and ran to him.

"Look!" I yelled at him, thrusting my hand to him. He looked at it in shock.

"You, him, you, wait, you two," he said. I nodded and started stomping around, throwing my arms around and screaming.

"Come here!" I yelled, throwing my arms open for everyone to hug. Cally stepped forward and threw her arms around me.

"Congrats," she screamed. I hugged her and then forced the guys to hug me. I ran back over to Kris and threw my arms around him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

"We're going out tonight," he said. I nodded and turned around to everyone else.

"Breakfast?" I asked.

                                               {*}

"It's so beautiful," I said into the phone to Caroline.

"What does it look like?" she asked.

"Well, it's got a simple gold band, and a small diamond in the middle."

"That's it?" she asked, disappointed.

"Caroline, you know I like simple. Big is beautiful but small is meaningful. You can't buy me with diamonds."