Can We Simply Starve This Sin?

Warping; it's not as easy as it seems. It takes a lot of energy. You have to jump around a lot, while singing your lungs out, while head banging, while breathing.

I don't know about you, but breathing takes a lot of effort.

Being on the road is pretty fun though. A lot of times, people don't even stay on their own bus, and of course, I went to Of Mice & Men's. Austin and Alan were there but the other guys weren't. Someone else was there too.

"Oh hey Nick. You riding with us?" Austin asked as I hopped into their bus.

"Yeah, the other guys want to catch up on sleep. I don't wanna mess with my schedule."

"Oh, well, Nick, this is Kris, from Living With No Reason. Kris, this is Nick." Austin pointed at the guy sitting on the couch next to Alan.

I turned to see him. His gauged ears, his blond hair that looked like Austin's, but a bit longer. He had on black skinny jeans that were ripped, similar to my favorite pair, he wore a red sleeveless Memphis May Fire Shirt, and a pair of red Vans.

"Hey," I smiled at him. He smiled a small smile back and waved. "I'm Nicki."

"Kris," he replied. "Nice to meet you." He extended a hand to me, and I hesitatingly reached out and shook his hand.

"Welcome to Warped."

                                                {*}

Austin was in a good mood. He was cracking jokes, laughing at himself, playing with Squidgy.

"You don't talk much," he said to Kris.

"Eh, not around new people. Especially new famous people."

"D'aw, we're not famous, we're just really rich, really well know people doing something we love," I said.

"Wow, I never thought of it that way," Austin said. "I'm just famous."

"You're so full of yourself," I scoffed.

"I know," he smiled. I rolled my eyes. He continued making stupid jokes until we stopped at a gas station. When we got back on the bus, we were accompanied by Oliver Sykes.

"Hey guys," he said, his accent melting my heart.

"What's up?" Alan said.

"Not much, what are you guys up to tomorrow?" he asked.

Austin started to say that we were up to nothing when I interjected.

"It's my birthday."

"Seriously?" Austin and Alan said in unison.

"Yeah," I said.

"What is up with you?" the interviewer said in an astonished voice.

"I don't know," I laughed.

"You are seventeen years old, why are you so grown up?"

"I just had to. I mean, I grew up exactly like this. Grown up shows, grown up music, grown up responsibilities. I just had to. This is how I grew up, this is what I was destined to do."

Waking up was also not that easy. I had to actually get up, and to me, that is a lot of effort. The guys, all if Of Mice & Men, Oliver Sykes, my band, and that Kris guy was going to go with for a surprise Austin and Alan had planned for me.

The big eighteen. I'm an adult now, I don't have to go home, I can get my own house and stop paying for my mom's. She had saved up all the money she could when I was able to pay for her stuff. she guilt tripped me into paying for everything. Now, I didn't have to.

"Guys, where are you taking me?" I asked. We were somewhere in America, no clue where, and they were driving me around.

"Just wait," Austin smiled, turning around to look at me. I rolled my eyes at him and looked out the window. We were in a big town, city, I knew that.

"Okay, where are we?" I asked.

"Um, Denver, Colorado," Austin said.

"Oh, big place," I said. We drove for some time before Oliver, sitting next to me, cupped his handed around my eyes. "Hey," I whined.

"Oh, shush," he said. I felt the car stop and someone open my door.

"I swear to God, if I die, I'm haunting all your asses," I hissed as I stepped out of the car.

"I don't think you'll die," Alan said.

I felt them bring me somewhere, telling me how to walk and where to walk. Kris didn't say anything, though. I heard a bell chime and felt a different atmosphere when we walked in. Oliver took his hands from my eyes slowly and I gasped when I saw where we were.

"A tattoo parlor?" I said in shock.

"Yeah! You always go on about how much you want a tattoo, well now you can legally get one!" Oliver said excitedly. I looked at of them, a smile spreading ear to ear on my face, and engulfed them all in a hug. Kris didn't join, so when we broke apart, I flung my arms around him. He stiffened, his arms at his sides, but then relaxed- only a little- and stiffly put his arms around me. I broke away from him and turned to the guys.

"Nicki?" a lady said. I turned to her. I idolized her right then and there. Black hair in a 50s styled bun, a red rose pinned behind her ear, bright red lipstick, and tattoos all over.

"That's me," I beamed at her. She lead me to a back room and sat me down, asking what I wanted. I wouldn't tell the guys yet. She lead me to a chair and propped my arm up. She put on the drawing she sketched up, matching exactly what I wanted.

The needle at first didn't hurt at all, but as she did more it hurt a bit more. I had to remind myself that I've been through worse pain, that I could handle it. It took about three and a half hours, it was simply black and grey, with a little color. I inspected it in the mirror and tears escaped my eyes. She put a cover over it, requested black so the guys couldn't see it. I slipped my jacket over it so they wouldn't know. "Thank you," I said as I turned to leave. She hugged me and we went to the front.

"Come on!" Alan said when I walked out, obviously upset I had it covered.

"You'll see it later," I smiled.

We got in the car and drove back to where our buses were having pit stops. I went on my bus and changed, making sure to keep it covered.

I walked up to all of the guys staring at me. "What?" I said.

"Seriously?" Phil said.

"What?" I repeated.

"Why won't you show us?" Tino whined.

"You'll have to wait." I made sure I kept my sweatshirt in my hand so the sleeve wouldn't slip up for the rest of the day. They got me an ice cream cake and we ate that, having a fun little birthday party with just us. I wouldn't have traded it for anything, other than more.

A/N

Howwwwdy partna

Don't go imagining her tattoo now, just be surprised :)))))) I love the idea I have in mind though. I have so many ideas too obsjsnsns

Questions nooooowwwww :)

1) Views? Honesty please

2) do guys have any tattoos/ want any tattoos? Tell about em

3) Have you guys ever been to Warped? If so, explain how amazing it is. If not, tell me if you wanna go Or if not why

4) What's so good about picking up the pieces? ;)

I love you

Amani, Grace X