Love Happens: Stella and Jose's First Encounter

CHP 1

Stella's pov:

Great, another day of being bullied by Paige, and the main cheerleading squad. Gosh, I hate them so much, for messing with me. I wish I had the confidence that my sister, Sophie Rae, had...

Well, at least the school day is almost over. Two classes left! I start walking down the hall, with my cherry red hair bouncing as I walk. My goal was to enjoy the rest of my day. As I went to my next class, I looked down at my necklace.

It was a gold heart, with the words "Love Happens" etched into it. I always wondered why it had said that, but never bothered with it. I mean, I'll never find love. I'm too fat, and ugly. No boy, in this entire universe, will love me, but I try so hard not to think that way.

I plugged in my headphones, and tapped my Iphone 5c's screen to open Pandora. I clicked the One Direction radio, and blasted my ears with "Little Things".

(I love One Direction; And my fav, is of course, Harry)

As I listened to Pandora, I thought about how life after high school was gonna set me free. When I open up my restaurant, live out my dream, become a famous chef, get married to a handsome man, and prove all of the bullies wrong. I start to think about culinary school, and how I plan to ace my classes and impress my professors.

My thoughts were cut off by me bumping into someone, and my first reaction, besides 'Ouch' is 'Great, I'm clumsy, too,'

I start picking up my binder, and some of my notebooks, and I bumped heads with the person I just ran into. I looked up to see the most beautiful and mesmerizing pair of chocolate brown eyes, a nice tanned shade of skin, and, ohmigawsh, muscles.... This guy, dare I say it, is hot!

We stared at each other for a second, and observed each other. My first thought is, 'What is YOUR name?' But, I swore I recognized him. He looked like he played some sort of sport, cuz he was so fit. the muscles were so well defined!

As I continued rambling about his looks in my head, He broke the ice, "Hey, uhh, I'm Jose. What's your name?" He spoke slowly, as if he wasn't sure what to say, either.

"I'm Stella Marie," I responded, nervously.

"Hey, don't be nervous. I'm not gonna bite," he smirked, and did a little chuckle after saying that.

I smiled, "Heehee, Okay,"

After picking up the books that had fell, Jose kept up a steady conversation with me. And also, walked me to class, in the end.