So Soft~

*WARNING*

Jimin loves to touch everything soft, whether it was freshly washed clothes from the laundry or plush green grass growing in the early spring. He loves the delicate texture, how it would send goosebumps down his arms. The sense is riveting, soothing, calming, every adjective given that describes Jimin’s love to feel it.

He doesn’t particularly know why he adores this sensation. Maybe it all dates back to when he was a baby and how his mother would smother him in warm cotton blankets so he would always be warm. Whatever it may be that started this, Jimin didn’t mind. He would bathe in clouds of everything soft for the rest of his life.

He enjoys wearing a freshly-washed hoodie to running his hand through his hair after it’s been blow-dried. The sensation shoots a sense of relief and calamity; there is no other feeling that tops it. That’s why his boyfriend, Yoongi, decides to give him something he will never forget...

Bed sheets. Min Yoongi decided to give Jimin brand-new bed sheets.

“Bed sheets?” Jimin cocked an eyebrow at the plastic cube, “Not that I don’t like it or anything, it’s just… Why bed sheets?” He looked up to the older man standing in front of him.

“Well, it’s just that you love soft things and I wanted to give you something unexpected and different, so why not bed sheets?” Yoongi shone a gummy smile at Jimin.

“Ah, well, that makes sense, and this is unexpected,” Jimin scratched the back of his head, looking down at the cube, “Thank you, hyung, I appreciate it.” He looks up at his boyfriend, giving him a toothy grin. He opened his arms out and reached over to hug him.

Yoongi smiled into the crook of Jimin’s neck, “You’re welcome,” He breaks apart a second later, “But another reason why is because I was walking around the store for an hour and I got tired of finding something for you.” He gives a hearty laugh as Jimin smacks the side of his arm.

Feeling his cheeks turn pink, Jimin scoffed, “Well, I’ll start using them from now on just for you.” He smiled.

Yoongi returned the smile and yawns, “Alright, Jiminnie, I’m gonna start heading to the studio to work on some music. Don’t wait up on me, okay?” He starts heading towards the front door of Jimin’s apartment.

“Okay, hyung, I won’t, but come home before 1 please.” Jimin pouted.

“Aish, it’s only 10 right now, don’t worry your pretty little head.” Yoongi reaches out his right arm to ruffle Jimin’s hair.

“Yah, I just don’t like being alone, alright?” Jimin snapped.

Yoongi snickered, “Okay, princess, I’ll be home before 1.”

Jimin gave a small smile as he closed the space between them. He leans forward to give his boyfriend a goodbye kiss.

“Be safe please.” Jimin said as Yoongi open the door. The summer night breeze cuts through the atmosphere, causing him to shiver a bit. As the door closed, Jimin exhaled a long breath. He stood there for a minute more before turning back to face the plastic cube again. Jimin walks over to it and lifts it up from the ground. He proceeded to walk towards his bedroom, cautiously making sure not to trip on his own feet. By the time he made it inside his room, Jimin plopped the cube on the floor next to his bed, letting out anther deep breath. He removes his current sheets to exchange with the new ones. Once Jimin removed his own sheets, he unzips open the cube, grabbing the new ones from the package. The first instinct Jimin had was the touch. The texture of the sheets was unlike anything else, it felt softer and delicate than anything Jimin’s touched before in his existence. Grasping more at them, he brings it up to his nose, taking a small whiff. It smelled of light lavender and lilac, it was intoxicating. Jimin felt like he was in a whole new cloud nine that he did not want to get off. Jimin snapped out of daze and shook his head. Min Yoongi sure knew how to surprise him. He smiled to himself before exchanging the sheets.