Fight Hard, You'll be Scored

Chapter 3

Jen is late for training today. Yesterday was an eye opener for her. She didn't realize how hard it would be. I highly suspect that she is throwing a pity party in the dorm room. If she doesn't show up soon, we might have to cut her. I feel really bad, but Dauntless needs committed members, not slackers.

She shows up, about five minutes late.

"Jen. If this happens again, you will be joining Justin. I suggest you buy a watch." Tobias glares at her.

Now, today, we will be teaching you how to fight, then you will fight each other after lunch.

We go over the basics, giving personalized tips.

When lunch comes around, we hold Jen back.

"As punishment for being late, you will spend your free time, this afternoon, here with us." She nods, sadly.

We make pairs during lunch.

Pairings:

1. Duncan vs Jaki

2. Dana vs Amy

3. Tim vs Hannah

4. Jen vs Basil

Tarragon will sit out.

The fights are ok, but we update the ranks based on who won.

The winners were:

1. Duncan

2. Dana

3. Hannah

4. Basil

Day 2 rankings:

1. Dana

2. Duncan

3. Hannah

4. Amy

5. Basil

6. Jaki

7. Tim

8. Jen

9. Tarragon

Jaki is in the risk zone, but I doubt it she will be for long. She is good, but Duncan is better. We hold Jen back, and make her clean the initiate bathrooms. It is a disgusting task, so we hope she learned her lesson.

Tobias and I eat with our friends in the dining hall.

"Party at my place, are you guys coming?" Zeke looks hopeful.

"Sorry, but Four and I promised that we wouldn't party or drink while training. Don't want to be hungover. Or do anything stupid." I say, feeling bad as his face falls.

"That's fine, but as soon as initiation is over, I'm gonna throw the biggest party ever." He smiles and walks off.

Instead, Tobias and I go back to his apartment.

"I really hate Jen." I am still pissed about what she said earlier.

"Relax, she'll probably get cut anyway." Tobias uses his soothing voice.

"Yeah, you're right, but on top of that, I feel like I am being too cruel. Sorta leaning towards Eric's teaching methods." I look at my feet, embarrassed.

"Hon, you are nothing like Eric. Don't worry, the initiates were out of line." He smiles, and I smile back. He's right, of course. I just am worried because I have very little experience with this.