Chapter 5 A Battle Cut Short!

Lyric thrust her rapier at Nateo and he blocked it with his knife. She then struck again and he deflected the blow and shot at her with his gun. The redhead swiftly moved out of the way and tagged him in the shoulder. With a pained cry, he shot Hikaru in the leg and tucked the hidden object, that was so hastily tied to his waist, further into his shirt, throwing a glace at his sister. The hybrid was too busy fighting the other Cold Type, so she didn't notice. Good. While he was momentarily distracted, Lyric flew into his blind spot, summoned an arrow and stabbed him in both sides. Quickly pulling them out, she leaped back, exchanged her rapier for her bow and fired at him with staggering accuracy. He cursed as the beautiful fairy shot him in the foot, straight through his biceps, and his left hip. The neko cried and collapsed to his knee, trying desperately to remove the arrow from his leg.

The fairy summoned another arrow that was covered with ice and shot it at ground beneath him. Shigematsu lifted his arms, reacting from experience as the ice spread over his lower body. He then switched his knife for his gun and shot at Lyric in an attempt to keep her at a distance. Deflecting each bullet, she walked as though she were on a damn fashion runway. "What the hell? Are you fighting or flirting?" he quipped to which she replied with a shrug. When she was close enough, she kicked his gun away and winked before going straight for the kill!

Meanwhile, Yoko shot at Kyro who was hopping about like he was on a trampoline. He flipped and threw his daggers, keeping in rythm with the song he was singing. She deflected them with her nodachi and continued to fire. Glancing at Nateo and Lyric, she shot both of them, through the ice and into her brother's good leg and clipping her cousin's wing. Kyro was continuously trying to get into her blind spot, but she made sure always turn.

"Ice Dagger Rain!" Kyro shouted and about a dozen or more daggers of ice appeared around him and rained down on her. Nagisa cursed, dreading the possibility of gaining a hell of a lot more scars. She dismissed her gun and wings and sliced through most of the ice while several either missed, grazed, or hit their target.

Suddenly overcome with rage, she screeched and the ice melted around her. During the few seconds of rain, she sprinted forth and jumped, summoning her wings in midair. She aimed for his abdomen, but Jake blocked it and stabbed her wing somewhat to get back at her for his sister. Yoko screamed and, while falling, tried to stab him back, but he moved too quickly and she slashed his leg. Landing heavily, she pulled out the dagger in her wing and shot at him with her gun in a frenzy.

"Haha! Try to keep up, Yoko!" She pursed her lips and examined her surroundings. With a sharp gasp, she dropped her gun and sheathed her sword. The hybrid then sprinted around the niko, dodging his attacks and collecting energy, and climbed up the trunk of a nearby tree. Now charged, she jumped off with such force that she almost knocked the tree over and came barreling at him so fast that he barely had time to put up a wall of ice.

"Ice barrier!" he hollered. Yoko sliced through the barrier easily, feeling heat emit from her breast, and attacked with all her might. He was having trouble fighting her off. The brunette sliced his arms and cut his cheek. He leaped back several feet and stood in a defensive stance as she sheathed her nodachi again and patiently waited for him to attack.

Jake hesitated and charged with a loud shriek that was similar to an eagle. Her hand hovered over the handle of her blade and once he was at a good distance, she unsheathed it, ducked under his outstreched arms, and slashed at him from his abdomen to he breast and moved out of the way when he collapsed. She sheathed her nodachi once more and took a knee.

Nateo and Lyric cried out when theybwere shot. Thinking fast, the niko summoned his knife and stabbed the fairy's leg in the same spot where he'd shot her. Lyric fell to her knees from the pain, mainly from her wing, and opened her eyes to find Nateo's nengun in her face. He loomed over her and winked. "We have our winners!" Yukko proclaimed proudly.