Chapter 1: Welcome to Chicago

Jordyn:

My best friend Natalie and I get off the plane at O'Hare get our luggage and get a Lyft to pick us up. We have him take us to the building our new apartment is in. We pay the guy and get our luggage then walk to the elevator, hit floor 10 and find our apartment. The apartment came furnished and it's so beautiful. The view of the city is so gorgeous, way better than my view in Boston.

It's about 5:30 and I ordered pizza. It's almost time for the Kansas City Royals vs LA Dodgers. Go Dodgers! Fuck the Royals. I'm decked out in Dodgers stuff.

It's the bottom of the third inning and I'm already enraged. "OH MY FUCKING GOD!! NO! HE'S OUT! THAT'S NOT SAFE!" I scream.

"Jordyn calm down." Natalie laughed.

The Dodgers end up winning 7-2. Hell yeah.

I wake up the next morning, shower put on my Kiké Hernandez jersey, a pair of shorts with a blue tank top underneath it. I walk out of my room after straightening my hair and putting on a game-worn Dodgers hat that I got from Hernandez himself. I grab my black converse and walk downstairs.

"Ready?" Natalie asked.

"Yeah let's go get some coffee." I said.

We leave and we go to Dunkin. We wait for our food and are talking when we overhear two guys talking at the table behind us.

"I have these new neighbors and they don't know how to shut up. They're yelling a lot." One of the guys says. "Girls? Guys? One of each?" the other one asked. "I think two girls. Not sure tho." Guy one said. I look at Natalie.

"They talking bout us?" she whispers. "Not sure." I reply. "If they are, they're assholes." she said.

"Yup. So you remember Kris? The one I dated in high school?" I asked Natalie. "Yeah what about him?" she took a drink of her coffee. "Heard he's gonna be making his Major League debut tonight with the Cubs vs the Dodgers." I said.

"Oooh! Dodgers gonna kick some ass." She smirked. "Surprised we haven't gotten ripped yet for being decked out in Dodgers apparel." I laughed. "Same but have you talked to Kris since you two broke up?" Natalie wondered. "Honestly no, I haven't. I would've told you if I have but I haven't. I really miss him a lot but it is what it is, I guess." I sigh.

I stand up and throw my sandwich wrapper away. Natalie and I walk out of Dunkin and back into my car.

We go to the game at 2:30 and the Dodgers lose to the Cubs 4-1. Well that was fun...not. I caught a homerun ball from the Cubs so I threw it back and it may or may not have hit Dexter Fowler in the ass. Oops. We get back to our apartment 2 hours later after doing some shopping and stopping for smoothies from DQ. We get off the elevator and see a neighbor unlocking his door. He looked over and looked at the guy next to him and whispered something, not realizing that Natalie and I could hear him.

"I think those are the girls who were being annoying last night." I automatically recognize the voice.

And without thinking about it I said "Kris."

Natalie's jaw dropped. "Crap. I was discovered." Kris said.

I get the door to our apartment unlocked, pull Natalie inside the apartment and close the door locking it.

"I don't like our neighbor Jordyn." Natalie said.

"I did at one point."

I fall back on the couch and fall asleep.