Chapter 12: Surprises & Apologies

Jordyn POV

I'm laying in our room after waking up and Kris is downstairs doing something. I grab my phone and text Bryce Harper. Bryce, Kris and I all grew up together in Vegas. Bryce and I are close as hell. Just like Kris and I are.

A: So when u guys landing?

B: 3:20 ish

A: Want me to come pick you up?

B: You can get me from the hotel cuz I have to get there and get in my room and put my suitcase there. So pick me up about 4:30?

A: Awesome. I'll see you later.

B: Bye Addi

A: Later Harp.

I stand up and see Kris standing there in the doorway.

"Who was that?" Kris asks nonchalantly.

"No one babe," I said trying to keep it a surprise for him. Bryce and Kris haven't really hung out in forever cause they're on different teams and don't usually see each other in the offseason.

"Who the fuck was that?" Kris asked getting pissy.

"I said no one Kris." I walk out of our room and to the kitchen.

I grab a bottle of water before leaving to go pick up Bryce. I get in my car and text Bryce that I'm on my way to get him. I pull out of the driveway and I play some country music. Brett Eldredge plays through my speakers. I love Brett Eldredge, he's my fave.

I finally pull up to Bryce's hotel and I call him and tell him that I'm here. 5 minutes later he's down here and in my car. "Hey Jordyn." He says. "Hey Bryce how are you?" I asked. "I'm great. How's Kris?" He wondered. "He's amazing." I smiled to myself pulling onto the busy roads of Chicago once again.

Fifteen minutes later, we get to the house. I check the time 5:15.

"Kris should be coming soon. He's probably just held up at practice or stuck in traffic. But just make yourself at home." I said to him. He nods. "Do you have any water?" He asked, sitting at one of the barstools at the counter in the kitchen. "Yeah. Catch." I throw one at him. "Damn girl. Your arm is better than I remember." He said in shock. "That's why I was a baseball pitcher and didn't play softball." I laugh, opening the fridge again to get a bottle of 7-Up and I open up the cabinet to get the grenadine. I pour the 7-Up in a Tervis cup and some grenadine. "You're such a child at heart." Bryce said. "I know. And I always drink these because I don't drink alcohol." I replied. "What?! How can you not drink alcohol?" Bryce was in shock. "Kris doesn't either..." I respond. "Yeah I know that but you? I thought for sure you would be the type to drink something with vodka." He took a drink of his water. "Shut up Bryce." I hear the door open. "Okay buttsniffer. I have to go. I'll see you later." I hug Bryce and walk out to my car, pulling out and driving to Jake and Brittany's. Gonna go hang out with Brittany. I just hope by the time I get home later tonight, Kris isn't angry with me anymore.

I get home and I see him laying on the couch asleep. Bryce must've left because it's now 10:30.

I walk over to Kris and shake him. "Ugh. What?" He groaned. "Babe wake up and go to bed." I said, looking around and seeing garbage everywhere. "Babe please go upstairs and go to bed." I said. "Why?" He groaned. "Because just go. You have a game tomorrow and don't need to be sleeping on a couch. It's not good on your back." I said to him. He sits up and looks at me. "Hey baby girl." He kissed me. "Hey Kris." I smiled. Seems like he's not drunk or he didn't drink anything. That's good. "Ok baby go to bed." I said to him. "I love you." He kissed me and I kissed back. "I love you too." I say. He walked upstairs.

By the time I got the living room cleaned it was 11:30. I yawn, feed Wrigley, give him clean water and I cleaned out his litter box. I walked up to our bedroom after I did that. I was too tired to shower so I decided I'd do that in the morning. I put on a pair of shorts and a sports bra. I layed next to Kris after getting under the covers. Next thing I know Kris has his arms around me.

Kris POV

I was such an ass to Jordyn and I realized that it was Bryce who she was talking to and he has a girlfriend. I feel bad for the way I treated Jordyn. I need to make it up to her somehow. But how?

I wake up to her side of the bed empty. I stretch and head to the living room. As I walk there the smell of bacon and pancakes fill the air, I glance in the kitchen and she's making breakfast and she looks beautiful doing so. I know exactly how I'm going to make it up to her. I'll send her flowers to her office! And chocolates, and a teddy bear that says I'm sorry beary much! Perfect.

Jordyn POV

I'm looking though the player stats at my desk when Theo Epstein comes into my office with a bear and a dozen roses. "Kris." I thought to myself. "Jordyn, special delivery!" Theo smiled, setting the roses on my desk. She set the bear on the chair because it was so huge. "Thanks, Theo."

I smiled at him. I stand up and grab the card on the roses.

It says:

Jordyn,

I'm so sorry for the way I acted towards you. I love you so much and I cannot wait to get married to you! Babe I swear if I do something like this again for no reason, slap me in the face, ok?

See you tonight Baby Girl.

Love you!

Kris

I had tears in my eyes and I smiled. The bear is holding a sign that says "I'm Beary Sorry"

I leave Wrigley at 5:30 P.M. because I had a lot to do and I've been here since noon. I drive home in my beautiful 2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 Crew Cab.

I pull in the driveway and open the garage, pull in there and walk in through the door leading in the house. "Babe I'm home!" I say. "In the bedroom!" Kris yells back. I walk upstairs where there's a trail of rose petals leading to our room. I see Kris laying on our bed in full uniform. Hat, eye blacks, jersey, t-shirt underneath, pants with the belt, socks and cleats. "What are you doing?" I laughed. "I wanna play some baseball." He smirked and I knew exactly what he meant.