Chapter 16: Worries

Kris's POV

I've got the nursery all ready thanks to the help of Javy and Anthony. Jordyn knows nothing about it and she won't until the day we come home from the hospital with the baby. I'm hella excited.  A mini me.  We came up with names but won't reveal until Jordyn has the baby.

"You miss her don't you?" Anthony asked, sitting on his bed in the hotel. I sigh, "Yeah, I do." I said looking at my phone debating whether I should text her or not. We're on the road for 10 days and I was really nervous about leaving Jordyn. Not that I don't trust her, cause I do, but Jake said it's a dad thing. He told me that when you and your girlfriend or wife are expecting a baby, your dad instincts kick in and you get protective and scared to leave them. "I wish we didn't have to be on this long road trip." I groan. "Me too." Anthony said. I sigh and text Jordyn.

K: Hey gorgeous. Hope you're doing okay. I love you.

I set my phone down and lay back, watching the Dodgers-Angels game. What? We're fans too.

"Damn, these umps seem like they want to kill Kershaw tonight." Anthony laughed. "Yeah, it's funny. I wish they were like that when they play us." I responded. "So, let me ask you something, Kris." Rizz looked at me. "Oh boy." I laughed. "Are you gonna pass out in the delivery room when Jordyn has the baby?" He smirked. "I don't know. Probably not." I responded. "You sure?" he laughed. "Yes, Anthony, I'm sure." I say.

About three hours ago, I texted Jordyn and I haven't gotten anything back. I start getting worried so I call Sydnee. "Kris! What's up?" Sydnee asked. "Have you seen or talked to Jordyn? She's not answering and I'm getting very worried." I said. "No I haven't. I'll try to get ahold of her and I'll call you back." She responded. "Okay. Bye." I hung up. Fuck.

Jordyn's POV

I have no way to get a hold of anyone right now cause the cat startled me and I dropped my phone in the toilet. And Kris took my iPad with him on the road trip. Asshole. Jk but he took my iPad. I play Cooking Fever on that and he knows it. My Mac is in the Apple Store getting fixed so yeah I'm a cave person right now. "Wrigley, why did you have to scare the shit out of me?" I asked him, petting him.

I swear if cats could talk he'd be saying "Dumbass it's your own fault for taking a shit and being on your phone." Oh damn, I'm funny. I'm laying down watching Netflix and I hear a knock at the door. It takes me a few seconds to get up because of the baby being so big, I mean I'm 6 months pregnant today. 3 to go thank god. I waddle over to the door. Don't judge. I open the door and see Alessia who wraps me in a giant bear hug. "Thank god you're okay!" She exclaimed walking inside. "What do you mean? I'm fine. I'm here. I'm alive." I said, closing the door and going back to my spot on the couch with Wrigley. "Kris has been trying to get ahold of you all day." She said. "Oh. Shit. I gotta call him. Let me use your phone." I tell her. "What's wrong with yours?" Sydnee wondered. "The cat startled me and I dropped it in the toilet. It's Wrigley's fault. Plus my MacBook is getting fixed at the Apple Store and Kris took my iPad with him." I said. "Omg Jordyn." She laughed and handed me her phone. I call Kris.

"Did you find her Sydnee? Is she alive?" Kris asked in full panic. "Yes Kris I'm alive. I dropped my phone in the toilet cause the cat startled me, my

Mac is getting fixed and you took my iPad with you." I said. "Jordyn!!! Thank god you're alive!  And I'll order you a new phone, don't worry babe." He said. "Kris you don't have to, I put mine in white rice." I tell him. "No Jordyn, you're getting a new phone. No ifs ands or buts." He insisted. "Okay I'm not gonna argue with you." I replied. "Good. I'll call Verizon when I get off the phone with you." Kris tells me. "Okay. I love you." I say. "I love you too baby. I'll get that phone ordered for you. I have to go though cause I have to get to the field." Kris said. "Okay bye babe." I said. I hung up and gave Sydnee her phone back. We decide to order pizza and have a girls night.