Chapter 13: Starstruck

Jordyn's POV

It's 6 am and I'm on my way to get my brother, Ryne from the airport.

I get to the airport and see him waiting outside. I get out of my car and greet him. "Glad you finally came to your senses and finally appreciate the Cubs." Ryne said. "Shut up, asshole." I replied. "It's not nice to call your brother an asshole." said. I rolled my eyes and I opened the trunk so he could put his luggage in. I get in the car and my phone starts ringing. I see Kris' contact on the screen. I smiled and answered. "Hey." I said. "Morning sunshine." Kris replied. "Morning." I smiled even tho he couldn't see me. "Where are you?" He asked. "At Midway. I just got my brother. We will be there in about 35-40 minutes." I tell him. "Okay. I love you." Kris said. "I love you too." I said quickly before hanging up. My brother didn't know that Kris and I had a relationship in high school. Mainly because I wasn't allowed to date and Ryne is somewhat of a snitch. He does know that I have a fiancé tho.

I pull into the driveway and get out, opening the trunk. I take them inside. "Holy shit Jordyn. Nice house." Ryne said. "Thanks." I replied. "I'll give you a grand tour after you get settled." I said. I took him upstairs to the guest rooms. The guest rooms were upstairs and the master suite was down on the main level but it was farther out. We live on a private drive so it's a big ass house. I show him to his room and let him get settled. I walk to the master suite and see Kris with wet hair like he just got out of the shower. Damn. "Hey Sunshine." Kris kissed me when I walked over to him. "Hey Babe." I kissed him back. "How was the drive here?" He wondered. "Quiet. It's 7:15 in the morning. My brother is not a morning person. Ryne is a bear when you wake him." I kissed Kris' neck. He moans quietly. "Babe, as much as I want to do this right now, it's 7:16 am and you're brother is here. But we will try and find time later to get it on, kay?" He said. "Okayyyy." I responded.

Kris has an off day today which means more time for my brother to get acquainted with Kris. I text him  and tell them to come downstairs. "Oh Kris, just a fair warning, my brother doesn't know that we dated in high school, let alone knew each other back then." I said. He knows why. I see Ryne come downstairs. Kris is in the kitchen doing god knows what right now. He went in there after he heard a door open upstairs.

"What's up?" Ryne asked me. "You wanna meet my fiancé?" I looked at Ryne. "Yeah sure why not." He replied. He followed me to the kitchen. I saw Kris making food and coffee. Life saver. "That's him?" Ryne said, not realizing who it was cuz Kris' back was facing us. "Yes." I nod. "Kris turned around." I say. "Hmm?" He turned around.

Ryne dropped his phone when he saw Kris' face. "Jordyn, you're engaged to Kris Bryant?" Ryne's in total shock. "Yes. Yes I am." I walk over to Kris and kiss him. "Damn. I knew you were engaged to someone named Kris but I didn't know it was Kris Bryant." Ryne said. "Do you not follow me on Instagram?" I asked. "No. I don't have Instagram." Ryne replied. "Well if I texted you then you wouldn't believe me. But you have to believe me." I say. "I know I do believe you. Damn." Ryne is still shocked. But I mean come on who wouldn't be.