Chapter 4: Bryzzo, Javy and Jordan

Jordyn:

I wake up and see Jake gone, there's also a note taped to my forehead. I pull the note off of my forehead. I read the note. And it just said that he had to go get ready for work. He works at Starbucks during the day and the bar at night. The note had his number on it.

I see Natalie walk out of her room. "Holy shit you look terrible!" I laugh. "Shut up." she groans and I see Tyler walk out behind her. "Oh my god." I said, grabbing a bottle of apple juice out of the fridge. "Mornin' Add em up." Tyler says.

That nickname is so annoying. "Tyler." I give him a glare. I never really did like Tyler. He seems like a huge ass fuck boy and such an ass but he makes my best friend happy so I have to act nice around him. "How are you?" he asked. "Not bad just managing the Hilton here in Chicago." I replied. "Damn girl!" he responded. "Speaking of that, I have to get ready for work, so I'll see you around." I said and went to shower.

It's now 3:30 and I got to leave thank god. I'm walking out to my brand new Chevy Silverado and my phone buzzes, the contact comes up and it says "K-Bomb <3" which is Kris's contact. I can't believe I kept it in my phone. I slide it and answer it. "Hello?" I ask. "JoJo." Kris says. That's the nickname he always called me. "Kris, you called me JoJo." I unlock the door to my truck. "Yeah, am I allowed to or is that ship long gone?" he asked. "No, no it's fine. I'm just shocked that you remembered that you used to call me that. But, anyway what's up?" I ask, starting the truck with the stereo blaring Brantley Gilbert. I hear Kris chuckle as I turn it down.

"Not much, but what are you doing tonight?" he asked me. "I don't know, either being dragged to the bar by Natalie and Tyler or hanging at home watching a movie, why what's up?" I ask, pulling out of the parking lot and onto the road. "You wanna hang out with a couple of teammates and I?" he wondered. "Yeah, sure why not. Waiit, let me check the Dodgers schedule before I agree to anything." I said. "Dodgers?? Jordyn, I thought you were better than that. But they ain't playing tonight, don't worry." Kris laughed. I pull into my parking lot and just sit there. "Damn boy, you're on top of things." I laugh, getting out of my truck.

I'm still on the phone by the time I get up to my apartment and I'm talking on the phone with Kris when I get inside. "Jordyn who are you talking to?" Natalie asked. I point the way of Kris' apartment. "Oh my god! He called you?!" she exclaimed. I nod and put up my index finger. "So, you wanna ride together tonight?" Kris asked. "Yeah sure." I said. "If you wanna bring Natalie, you're more than welcome to." he tells me. "Okay, awesome! What time?" I ask. "5:30, and dress casual but no Dodgers stuff." Kris said. "Knew that was coming." I laughed. "I need to get you some Cubs gear cuz if you're gonna be hanging around me and my teammates, I can't be showing up with a girl and Dodgers shit." he says. "Boy! You know the Dodgers are my team! Gotta rep!" I replied. "Oh my god. Yeah, yeah I know." he laughs. I now have the phone on speaker cuz I felt like it.

Natalie and I are sitting in the living room with Kris on speaker phone and I hear a crash and laughter in the background. "Uhm everything alright there?" I laugh. "Yeah, Jordyn, I gotta go! Javy just broke a vase while playing catch with the wall." Kris said, laughing his ass off than hung up. Natalie and I look at each other then bust out laughing. Natalie had plans with Tyler and then left. I get into the shower and then change into my Utley Dodgers shirt with jean shorts with my Dodgers flip flops. Sorry Kris! I straighten my blonde hair then put it up in a ponytail. I honestly don't know what we're in for but with Kris, it's always a good time. By the way, did I mention the girl he was going out with up and left him? Well, he's available again and I think it means

something good. I hope it means something good. Wait, I know it means something good.

I hear pounding on the door then the door opens. Why didn't I lock my door when I came home? "JORDYN GRACE MITCHELL!! Where are you at???? Javy and I are bored and we have to go get Anthony!!" I hear Kris' voice. "In the bathroom doing my makeup!" I said back.

Seconds later, Kris and the dude I assume is Javy appear in my bathroom door frame. "Jordynnn!" Kris exclaimed. "Hey Krisinator." I replied, fixing my eyeshadow. "You look hotter than ever." Kris smirked appearing in the mirror. I laugh then thank him. "Oh yeah, I'm being rude. Jordyn, this is Javier Baez. Javy this is Jordyn, my ex-girlfriend but my best friend." Kris introduced us. "Dodgers fan I see?" Javier said. "Yeah I'm a Dodgers fan. Hernandez is my man!" I put my makeup away. "Jordyn what did I say about Dodgers shit?" Kris looked at me. "Don't wear it cuz you don't wanna walk around town with someone who's a Dodgers fan." I roll my eyes. "Good. You remembered. Now Addi please go change." He said. "Ugh fine. Just to make you happy. You're lucky I'm a Hawks fan." I replied.

I walk into my closet and change into my Jonathan Toews t-shirt and put on my black Adidas flip flops. "Much better." Kris laughs. "Whatever." I playfully slap him. "You two seem good together. Why'd you guys break up in the first place?" Javier asked. "Cuz my baseball dreams took me to San Diego to play college baseball and Jordyn's dream took her to Boston." Kris explains. "Oh. Dang." Javier said. "Yeah." Kris replied as his phone rang.

Kris:

My phone starts to ring. The name Rizz pops up. I answer it. "Hey man what's up?" I ask. "Where the hell are you guys? It's 5:30." Anthony said. "Oh shit. Be there in 10." I say then hang up. "Ok let's roll. Gotta go get Rizz." I said. "Shotgun!" Jordyn yells, grabbing her phone. "Damn. Well you owe me a piggyback ride." Javy said to Addi. "Ugh fine. Get on." Jordyn stops and Javy gets on her back. "Damn. You're surprisingly really light." Jordyn says and Javy laughs. They're about the same height. Jordyn is 6'0. So is Javy. I'm the giant of the crew. Anthony is 6'3" and I'm 6'5" so yeah out of Addi, Javy, Rizz and I, I'm the giant. We get down to the parking lot.

"Who's car are we taking?" I asked. "We can take my truck and I'm not driving." Jordyn said holding up her keys. "Who wants to drive?" She asked. "I will!" Javy exclaimed like a kid on Christmas. Addi laughs, putting Javy down. She tosses him her keys and he runs toward a truck but it wasn't Jordyn's. "Javier. Red Chevy Silverado." Addi said. "Oh." He replied and ran toward her truck. Jordyn gets in the front and I get in the back behind Addi. "Javier please try not to crash my baby." Jordyn said. "I can't promise anything." He replied.

Javy turns on the truck and Brett Eldredge plays through the speakers. We drive to Rizzo's and pick him up. "Ohhh so this must be the famous Jordyn that Kris doesn't shut up about." Anthony said. "Yeah that's me." Jordyn said. "She a Dodgers fan. We gonna have to change that." Javy said, pulling out of Rizzo's driveway. "Dodgers? Really? Well at least it ain't the Sox or the Cards." Anthony said. "You got a point but if...I mean when Jordyn and I get back together I wanna see my girl in my jersey at games." I said. "So,we're gonna have to convince her to change to Cubs!" I add. "No way am I putting Cubs stuff on." Jordyn said. Rizz smirks and puts his Cubs snap back on Addi. "What the hell?" Jordyn takes the hat off and throws it back to Anthony. "That was sneaky and so evil!" Addi said. Anthony is just snickering. "Where we goin anyway?" Javy asked. "Navy Pier sound good?" I asked and everyone agreed. "I never even been here and I managed to find the Hilton on the first drive after they dropped my truck off." Jordyn said.

"Damn. I don't even know where the Hilton is." Anthony laughed. "Well, you're Anthony so..." I said. "What are you trying to say Kris?" He asked. "Nothing." I look down. "That's what I thought." He said. This ought to be fun.