{01}Promise

Riele's POV

(Riele's outfit)

(Riele's outfit)

Today is my birthday, I turned 15. I have most of my friends here celebrating with me. The cast of Henry Danger and my family are also here celebrating with me, but something is bothering me and I can't let it go. He should be here; he promised me he would be here!

I sat down at one of the couches that was placed around the dance floor. I would love to dance and spend time with everyone, but my best friend isn't here. I asked him a week ago if he was coming and repeatedly told he would come. Not to worry; he knows when and where. Yet, it's my birthday; I'm at my party; everyone is here, except for him. Him being Jace Norman, we supposedly have been best friends since the first season of Henry Danger. But, ever since he started dating Isabella he's changed; it's like he forgot about me completely.

I feel tears starting to pile up in my eyes, so I get up to leave not wanting to spoil everyone's fun because the birthday girl is crying. I walk out of the enormous ballroom and explored the rest of the hotel. After about twenty minutes I found myself outside. In front of the most beautiful fountain I have ever seen. This would have been the best birthday I have ever had (so far), but Jace not being there ruined it. He ruined my birthday!

I found a bench that sat next to the fountain and decided to sit down for a while. I looked on instagram scrolling threw the recent posts, when I saw post of Isabella's (Jace's girlfriend). Normally I wouldn't particularly care, but this picture showed a birthday party. She a crown on her head and a sash that read birthday girl. She was blowing out the candles on her cake, but that wasn't what caught my attention. What caught my attention was that Jace was standing next to her with his arm wrapped around her waist.

The tears I had been holding in for so long finally forced their way out of my eyes. I couldn't take this outright rejection anymore. Not only did he ditch me on my birthday, but he's spending it with his girlfriend who's birthday is in two days. Meaning it's not today!

I dropped my head down and screamed, crying my eyes out. How could he do this to me? How could he forget about me? He didn't show up to the party? He didn't call me to say Happy Birthday? He didn't h put a stupid post on instagram.

I think an hour passed or maybe a few minutes, I don't know to be honest. But, my crying sessions was interrupted by a Facetime call from non other that the liar himself. I accepted the call and waited for whatever dumb excuse he was going to give.

J-Riele, I'm so happy you picked up!

R-What do you want Jace? (rolls her eyes)

J-Nothing really I just wanted you to say Happy Birthday to Isabela! (he turned the camera over to Isabela)

I wanted to yell at her for making my best friend forget my own birthday, but I realized it's not her fault. It's his and his alone.

R-Happy Birthday Isabela (fake smile)

I-Thanks Riele! (Jace turns the camera back to him and gives me a huge smile)

J-Thanks Riele that means so much to me! It's nice to see my best friend and my girlfriend getting along.

R-So I'm your best friend, really. Really Jace? You have the nerve to call me your best friend, when didn't come to my birthday party tonight like you promised me over a week ago! Not only did you ditch me, but you never called or even texted a simple Happy Birthday! You didn't even put a post on instagram that sad Happy Birthday. And, then to add insult to injury you call me at ten o'clock at night not to finally wish ME a happy birthday on MY actual birthday. But, to ask me to wish your girlfriend a happy birthday on MY BIRTHDAY!! 

J-Oh no! I'm so sorry Riele I completely forgot! I'll make it up to-

R-Just shut up Jace, SHUT UP!! I don't want to hear it! You are the worst best friend, no the worst semi-friend in the world. Who forgets the their friends birthday? To answer my own question, you do Jace...goodbye.

I ended the Facetime and turned my phone off, putting my head in my hands and crying some more. Until, Ella finally found me there around midnight. Forcing me to the hotel room my parents got us for a sleepover with the girls. Except all that happened instead of pillow fights and romantic comedies were tears and comforting hugs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what did you guys think? I hope you like it! Please comment in the comments section any likes, dislikes or suggestions.

Please and thank you,

LaLa