Chapter 2: Ravenclaw

A small cluster of children follow behind the prefects with Noah, Alex, and I following behind the rest of them. I've learned that Alex was born into a group of high ranking death eaters that had worshipped Lord Voldemort for two generations, so yeah a lot of pressure was on Alex. Noah was born into a higher class non-death eater family that live in Brighton ironically.

"Let's meet in the common room when we wake up, okay?" Noah proposed shrugging his shoulders, Alex and I just nodded in agreement, I'm not really too fond of waking up early but I'll have to get used to it I guess.

The prefects arrive at the common room at the same time that Alex opens his mouth to speak, causing Noah and I to chuckle a bit, Noah clapping Alex on the back jokingly. 

"Great idea, dude" Noah chuckled before turning his attention to the prefects who were telling us about the castle and the forbidden things in it.

"Mhm, so just stay inside, don't turn left or I'll die, mhm, also part of the library is forbidden." I hum aloud dramatically, the sarcasm lacing my voice making the people around me laugh. Noah tossed his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into him, effectively covering my mouth.

"Oh shut up, I'll make sure to go everywhere." Alex chuckled shaking his head. "But for now, I'm kind of tired, so not tonight." Alex watched the prefects begin to lead the swarm of us down a hallway. Noah and Alex were by far the tallest kids in our year, and I wasn't too short but beside the two boys I seemed to be the same height as an elf.

"Are you going to tryout for Quidditch this year?" I asked the two of them, I could see them out on the field as beaters, I guess.

"Yea, but they almost never let first year on the team so I wouldn't be too disappointed if I didn't make it." Alex nodded his head, agreeing with the other boy. I nodded my head along with him, as Noah began a huge speech about how him and his family used to play Quidditch together every summer, and he was the best beater the world had never seen.

The trio walked behind the rest of the group, they shared stories of their lives at home until they reached the common room.

"You, as Ravenclaws, must answer a riddle to enter your common room," the male prefect spoke loudly at them.

"The riddle will change at will, it is up to you to figure it out." The female prefect follows up, they turn toward the wall decorated by a painting.

I zoned out as she began speaking again, Alex was completely entranced by the process but Noah and I were making fun of the other students.

"You know, you're rather ugly." I turned my head as I spoke, Alex tried holding back his laughter,

"Alex you are too." I looked at him.

"You're not the prettiest pea in the pod either." Noah joked back, as Alex sounded his agreements,

"Yeah like Noah, why didn't you pick a prettier girl." I glared at them, before a smile escaped, I think that I like them.