Chapter 9: Lily

Snape's Point of View

She was Lily, in the way she spoke and the way she stood, the reddish brown of her hair and the green of her eyes, it was all Lily.

She took my breath away the same way that Lily had done, she stood with such confidence it took all of me not to call her by the name, she was young and happy again. She was still my friend and all was well.

But that wouldn't happen again, she was dead and all I had was constant reminders, she wasn't here, instead there was a girl that looked just like her but was a little too sassy, and a little too in love with a blond haired boy, she would never be Lily, she would never be my Lily.

"Lily" I mumbled it as I looked at her, my eyes met her green ones and I swear Lily Evans was staring right back at me, it felt so real I could nearly smell the familiar scent of her shampoo. She was Lily as she stood with her hands on her hips, she was Lily in the way she stared back at me and it hurt so damn bad, it was like ripping my own heart out over and over again, I couldn't stand to look at her. Because my Lily was dead even before fifth year.

Rosalie's Point of View

Chère maman,
I've asked for Severus to tutor me, as I'm sure you've heard, I've been placed into Ravenclaw, Marcella may have informed you already but I know that you wanted to hear it from me, It's amazing, the common room has a view of everything, and a library full of books that couldn't fit into the school Library. I love it.
I've adjusted well, I miss waking to you every morning but I've made a few friends and they're pretty nice, we're planning a day to just sit and get to know each other as we will be sharing a dorm for seven years. I've met some other Ravenclaws also, they're names are Noah and Alex, they're both pure bloods and surprisingly really dim, but they're super nice and we get along well. It's different but Draco and I are getting along well, he's been sorted into Slytherin as we all expected, he has a few friends also, but I'm probably his favorite, I also met a boy named Neville Longbottom, he's a Gryffindor and I know how much father hates them, but you won't mention it will you mum, anyways Je t'aime beaucoup, oh, were we having dinner with the Malfoy's again?

Beaucoup d'amour, Rosie xx

I smiled as I signed the letter at the bottom, I'd been meaning to write to her as soon as I'd arrived but I had grown busy with courses and getting settled, I had missed her a lot.

I stood up from the desk in the common room and placed the letter into my cat, Ami's mouth, she was a white Persian kitten no older than half a year, she was well trained and reminded me of home. She knew to deliver it to the owls and make her way back, she may not be quick on the returning part but she never puts up an argument.

"What are you up to Rosie?" Noah came bounding down the stairs dressed in a white button down and black jeans, he looked like he was going on a date.

"Sending an owl to my mother, where are you going?" I placed my hands on my hips as I raised an eyebrow, I was highly suspicious of what he was up to, he wasn't the best behaved anyway.

"I've got to ask Lavender Brown to the Christmas ball, if you must know." He snapped sassily before mocking my stance and rolling his eyes. I shrugged my shoulders and turned to return to reading my book, I was nearly finished with fantastic beast and where to find them for the third time, it was one of my favorites.

"Don't ignore me, ask me why." He whined as he ran down the rest of the steps, he turns my shoulders forcibly making me look at him.

"Okay, why?" I rolled my eyes as he held my face still,

"Jeez you need to learn how to mind your own business, nosey." He turned and left the room dramatically.

I sat down and proceeded to read my book, underlining every key factor about the amazing creatures that Newt Scamander had written about. I wasn't interested in beast or anything, I'd much rather be an astronomer or a teacher , though if I were to teach a subject it would be astronomy so I could be both. I wonder what Draco is going to be, what about Neville?

I stood up quickly and turned on my toes to go find one of the two, I needed to know. I knew that Mr. Malfoy did at the Ministry but I don't think Draco wants to do that, if anything I could see him teaching potions after Snape retired. He was much too kind to ever do what his father did.

I walked through the hallways in search of the other two boys, Neville would probably be somewhere with Harry, and wherever Draco was there would be Crabbe and Goyle, maybe even Pansy, I swear she was too in love with him for her own good.

I spotted Neville first, he was seated outside of the entrance to the Gryffindor Common room, the fat lady seemed to have scolded him as her nose was pointed up and his was pointed down.

"NEVILLE!" I called to him just as the fat lady looked back towards him,

His head jolted up in shock, it actually looked as though if he had been sleeping.

"Oh thank Merlin, I've been sitting here for nearly an hour!" He sent a sly pointed look at the fat lady who sent a glare back at him.

"I was looking for you, I figured that you might be inside of the common room, but this works too I suppose." I sat down next to him and laid my head on his shoulder, I couldn't imagine what he and the fat lady had been talking about.

"So, why were you looking for me?" Neville stared up at the fat Lady with a scowl, just as she returned the favor.

"I was looking for you because I wanted to know what you were going to be when you got older, personally I see you as a teacher here at Hogwarts." He nodded along with me before answering,

"I think I would like to teach here at Hogwarts, I just don't know what to teach." He leaned his head back as Harry approached the two.

"Well Nev, I think I'm going to go find Draco or Maddy, I'll see you later okay?" I kissed his cheek as I stood up, I then turned and hugged Harry before walking away down the corridor to hopefully find Draco.