Chapter 7

Zuko no longer needed information about the avatar because he knew where Aang was, so because of the Truce, which would be active until sundown, he was spending the rest of the day With Hana to keep his mind off of the long wait. When the sun began to set he took Hana back to the ship.

"Wait here for me to return." Zuko mumbles closing the door and locking it from the outside.

Hana frowns. "Don't tell me to wait and then lock me in." she sighs. "That's fine though... in the end no matter how much freedom he gives me I'm still a prisoner here." She sits on the bed in the nearly empty room and pouts. "I get a nicer room than most prisoners I guess I should be grateful for that." She lays back on the mattress and frowns at the ceiling.

The ship alarm begins to sound and Hana sits up. "What? An intruder? But we're docked?!"

A few moments later there is a loud commotion in the halls and the door to the room is opened. 'Did Zuko come back?' she wonders standing up, but the face she sees when the door opens isn't Zuko. "Zhao!?"

"I knew you'd be here on the ship." Zhao smirks and tosses the man, he had by the throat, off to the side. "I saw the ship here and I just could resist seeking you out." He chuckles darkly. "Let's call this prisoner transport."

-Zuko-

Zuko had waited till sundown to go back to the place the avatar had been with some men. However when they got there the avatar was long gone. Extremely pissed Zuko stormed back towards his ship. As he approaches the docks he notices Zhao's ship leaving. 'Zhao? What the hell was he doing here?' he frowns and continues his rage. When he gets back on his ship he notices a lot of his men are knocked out. 'What? Zhao...' he grumbles and looks around. Then his eyes suddenly widen. "HANA!?"

When Zuko reaches the room where he had left her he punches the wall. "DAMN IT!" he glances back at his uncle. "Zhao took Hana!"

Iroh frowns. "Then we'd better catch him."

-Zhao-

Laughs his ass off as he stares at the restrained Hana. "Not so tough now are you waterbender?" he chuckles. 'This dress must be new.' Zhao muses noticing the blood red dress Hana is wearing. 'Zuko must have picked it for her.'

Hana glares at Zhao unable to speak because of a cloth in her mouth. The dark red dress falls just to her knees so while she is hopelessly suspended in the air by the restraint she can also feel a cold draft.

 The dark red dress falls just to her knees so while she is hopelessly suspended in the air by the restraint she can also feel a cold draft

Zhao punches forward shooting fire past Hana and hitting the wall making her scream into the cloth. "That's right I'm in charge." Zhao smirks. He hits the steel wall again making her brace for a burn. He take an incredible amount of pride in watching her squirm. "There isn't anywhere for you to go now waterbender." He smirks and leans down by her ear. "You're the perfect bait to lure that exiled prince over the border. He'll pursue us and cross into fire nation territory and be arrested. Then you and Zuko can have fun rotting away in maximum security prison. Waterbender trash." Zhao laughs and leaves the room.

'No... he plans to use me against Zuko!?' Hana looks at the floor. 'Zuko may have cared enough to let me have some freedom but he'd never...' she's cut off from her thought when an alarm from the deck goes off. 'No way!? He actually came to help me!?'

Moments later the door bursts open and a flustered Zuko runs into the room and cuts the rope hanging Hana from the ceiling without time for stopping to chat he picks her up over his shoulder and runs.

-Back on zuko's ship-

Zuko finally relaxes as he watches the fire nation navy ship disappear behind them. He smirks at his victory and turns to Hana. "Sorry to keep you waiting." He unties her and checks her for burns. "He didn't burn you again did he?"

"No I'm alright." Hana smiles a little bit. "Why didn't you just let him take me?" she mumbles.

Zuko smirks. "No you're my captive I can't just let Zhao cart you off to the fire nation."

Hana frowns. "But it was a trap..."

"hu?" Zuko raises an eyebrow.

"Zhao didn't think you could catch up so fast he was going to lure you across the border and arrest you." Hana protests.

Iroh sighs. "Somethings never change."

Zuko smirks. "Well then it's a good thing we got you back before he crossed the border."

Iroh chuckles. "My nephew was very upset when he saw the ship and been invaded, but even more so when he found you gone."

Zuko smiles slightly. "It isn't that you can't leave..." he hugs Hana. "It took your disappearance for me to finally realize the reason I can't let you go. I keep saying it's because of my image but... if that was true I wouldn't have been upset that Zhao took you away." He hugs Hana tighter. "It isn't that you can't leave it's that I don't want you to leave."

Hana stares forward completely shocked. 'He doesn't want me to leave?'

"It seems that my nephew has taken quite the liking to you Miss Hana." Iroh smiles.

"After I fix my honor..." Zuko smiles still hugging Hana. "I want you to come with me too the fire nation."