why do good girls like bad guys? chapter 7

after i got dressed i went downstairs to talk to my mom. i wanted her to realize patrick is really sweet and he would never try anything like pete did.... i really like pete but i also really like patrick.

mom? i said while walking into the kitchen.. she was mixing up cake mix to put in the oven.. when she's mad she cooks, which i think is kinda strange..

what? she said in a hateful voice.

mom, me and patrick didn't do anything.. he just stayed the night.

"well how come he didn't sleep on the couch?!" my mom said with anger showing in her voice and face.

i-i don't know... i'm sorry mom.

"i trusted you jade. you always have been a good girl and never went to parties.. what got into you last night?" she said a little calmer.

mom, i didn't do anything with patrick! i kind of yelled.

i don't believe you jade... my mom said in a really low voice. after that she walked away, going to her bedroom.. 

yeah, maybe i did have a beer last night but that's it. i really wished she believed me when i said me and patrick didn't do anything... i thought that to myself before walking out the door to go find patrick..

i put my jacket on while walking down the sidewalk. "he must live somewhere around here." i said to myself.

i walked the neighborhood and no sign of him.. i realized i was in front of pete's house.. and pete just walked out the front door with his car keys in hand..

he seen me.. i started walking fast down the sidewalk.

"wait jade!" i heard him say. i started running now. i have nothing to say to him after what he did, or what he was gonna do to me..

i heard him crank his car and drove up beside me.

"jade get in the car.. it's freezing" i hesitated for a minute.. it is really cold out. ugh i might as well.

i opened the passenger door and got in. i just sat there looking down at the floor.

"jade, i'm sorry for what i did last night.. i was drunk i didn't know what i was thinking"

i didn't say anything back.

jade.. i'm so sorry. please forgive me. pete said that so sad. i've never heard his voice sound like that.

i looked over at him, he had tears forming in his eyes. i felt so bad.

p-pete i forgive you. 

pete started to smile. thank you jade! so do you wanna be my girlfriend?

what do i say?! i guess i would like too but i really like patrick.. if my mom ever found out i'm dating someone like pete she would kill him then me...

um, pete.. i don't think that's a good idea.. i mean, i like you but i think we should just be friends...

after i said that i could tell he was mad.. "fine.. get out" pete said with a mad tone.

i just sat there.. looking at him. pet- before i could say his name he cut me off.

"GET OUT!" he yelled.

i got out and pete drove off fast.. i turned around and seen i guess pete's mom standing on the porch.

i started walking back home which i had to pass pete's house which was awkward with what just happened and his mom seen.

"hello" i heard his mom say.

um hi. i said still walking. she started walking closer to me.

i take it you know pete? she asked.

um, yeah. i said.

well why don't you come in. i love meeting pete's friends. she said with a smile

sure. i said

we walked in and i sat down on the couch. "would you like some tea?" she asked.

um sure. i said

after a few minutes she walked over to sit down in a chair. my name's lisa. what's your name? she asked with a smile.

i'm jade.

well it's nice to meet you jade. so i'm assuming you met pete at northside?

yes ma'am. i did.

oh okay. um, if i can ask.. what happened while ago?

i didn't know if i should tell her the truth.. i don't think she knew about the party last night...

um, it was nothing.. he i guess was in a hurry.

oh okay.. i know he can be hard to get along with sometimes but i really think he's a great young man in all since he has bipolar disorder... lisa said.

i didn't know he was bipolar. i thought to myself.

yeah he's great.. well i guess i should go.. thanks for the tea. i said while getting up.

your welcome and oh! i guess his friend patrick came over last night and he left his phone.. would you mind to go drop it by his house? lisa asked handing me his phone.

sure um can you tell me where he lives.

oh sure. two houses down. and you will like patrick. he's a great boy. lisa said.

okay thanks. i said while walking out the door.

pete's mom seemed so nice. i thought to myself. i walked two houses down where lisa told me patrick lives. now i get to apologize to patrick for this morning...

i knocked on the door. a few seconds later a women came to the door.

"hi! may i help you?" she asked.

um yeah. is patrick here?

sure! come on in.. he's in his room. you can go upstairs to see him. she said with a smile.. 

thanks. i said while going up the stairs.

i seen a room door with blink- 182 stickers on it. that must be patrick's room.

i knocked 3 times.. "go away" i heard him say.

patrick, it's jade.