why do good girls like bad guys? chapter 18

pete's PO.V

"um, i can't pete.. i actually have something to tell you."

uh okay.. what is it? i asked.

no pete, you need to come over. 

o-okay i'll be there in a second. after i said that i hung up. i felt really nervous. what if her mom found out? a thousand things started going trough my mind.

i knocked on the door and jade's mom, alice opened it. she had a serious look on her face.

"come sit down pete" she said.

yes ma'am. i said while walking to the couch where jade was.

"pete, i know jade went over to your house last night. i'm very disapointed."

"mom i already said i'm sorry!" jade said.

jade.. i don't want to hear it. i thought you were better than that... now listen pete, did you and jade have sex last night?

i didn't know what to say.. should i tell the truth?

"um," i said while looking at jade.

by the look she gave me i knew she wanted me to tell the truth..

"yes ma'am"

well, i hate to hear that. you both are only 18. did you use protection?

um, no ma'am. i said.

okay. well jade i'm taking you to the doctor, and if you are pregnant i would like you to break up with pete.

but mom! i love him!

jade, that's enough. okay pete, you should leave.

okay, i'm really sorry mrs. williams. i said while walking out the door.

jade's P.O.V

i can't believe my mom seen me go to pete's house last night. i'm really pissed off. 

after pete left my mom called the doctor to schedule an appointment. "sound great!" thanks! my mom said before hanging up.

"okay jade, they have an open spot in 30 minutes"

seriously?! i have to go?

jade, it was your choice to have unprotected sex so yes, you have to go... grab a jacket, i'll be in the car.

on the way to the doctor me and my mom didn't say a word. i have nothing to say to her anyway.. i can tell she's really mad, but i don't care. this is my life, i can do what i want.

we arrived at the clinic. i started feeling nervous. what if i am pregnant? if i am, should i get an abortion? i have so many questions. hopefully there all about to be answered.

"hello, we're here for the 11:30 appointment" my mom said.

oh yes! if you will take a seat dr. jenkins will be with you shortly. the woman behind the desk said.

great. it's a guy. this is going to be awkward.

we waited for about 10 minutes before "dr. jenkins" came out. "jade williams?" he said while looking down at a clipboard. "yes, we're here" my mom said.

we walked into a room that was freezing. "okay jade, so i see that intercoarse was just last night.. so since that's still quite early i will use this. dr. jenkins said while holding up a funny looking tube thing.

he explained what he was going to do, which freaked me out but i guess i have to go with it. he asked my mom to walk out for a second, which she didn't want to but finally did.

after he did everything, i felt sore and also nervous. my mom walked back in.

"okay you did great jade. we will get the results later today" mr jenkins said. after talking with my mom for a few minutes he left. and so did we.

on the drive home we didn't say anything once again.

after we got home i went up to my room to text pete.

"we went to the doctor.. we should get the results sometime today"

after a few minutes he texted back saying "okay, i'm really scared jade. what if you are?"

i didn't know what to say back. i'm scared too. and i don't know what's gonna happen if i am. i decided not to text back right now.

it finally was the afternoon. which seems like it took forever to get here. i'm getting more nervous. they should call anytime..

after a few minutes i heard the phone ring, which only rang once. i guess my mom was waiting by the phone. i was still up in my room so i couldn't hear what my mom was saying.

after a few seconds i heard footsteps coming up the stairs. i felt like i was gonna throw up i was so nervous.

my mom opened my door, i could see tears starting to form.

"your pregnant jade"

it felt like my heart fell to my stomach.

"i want you to break up with pete and NEVER EVER see him again."

mom! he's my boyfriend and will be the father to this child. i'm not breaking up with him.

jade, your not keeping this baby. i'm going to schedule an appointment for an abortion.

mom, you don't control my life anymore! if i want to keep this baby i will.

she didn't say anything else just slammed my door shut.

after a few minutes i decided to go tell pete.