Chapter.37.Guardian Kris.<3

"Kris what the hell are you doing here?"

Did my wolf and I perceive this wolf wrong? Has he been watching me? Is he here to turn me over to my father? Bowing his head, angling his neck – his wolf is still submitting to me. He's staying loyal. "Luna Maya, I mean you or the woman no harm. I swear it."

"Then state your purpose, immediately." I know if he meant harm that he would be writhing on the floor in pain. Arabella's fingertips lighting up slightly for defensive purposes. Shaking my head at her, she simply sighs while rolling her eyes but doesn't let her defensive tactic down.

Keeping my eyes above his chest, he seems relieved I don't accuse him of the worst. "Luna, I followed you because I was worried you were going to Crescent Moon." My shoulders dropping, and I'm releasing a breath I was unaware I was holding. "I can't let you do that Luna Maya."

Shaking my head from left to right, stepping towards Kris. "I wasn't going to do that... yet." His posture stiffens once again. "But your mother is in there because of me."

Immediately he physically disagrees, Arabella interrupts him before he speaks. "So this is the wolf whose mother you plan to rescue." Sizing him up she arches her brow, enjoying what she's seeing.

He growls, immediately I stand in front of him. Lots of males despise it when they are mated and another woman has sexual intentions towards them. I wonder if Josh is that way. "Arabella, stand down he is mated."

"Not marked." She smiles. Flashing my teeth, showing her what she'll have to go through to get to him. Not that it would be a challenge but I'd put up as much fight as I could. "Ugh, fine." She groans, "You're no fun Luna. How do you ever entertain your male?"

Oh if only she knew, taking a few steps away from Kris' naked frame. Posturing myself towards him, "Did you tell Josh?"

"No Luna—"I growl and his worry dissipates off of his face, replacing it with a smile. "Maya." He corrects and continues, "No Maya. Though he is sending out search parties. That was the last I heard before my connection disappeared. He woke up the entire pack house when he found out you were missing. I followed your scent past those apartments after Beta Lucas, Alpha and Gamma Zay broke in. They didn't follow right away, I'm sure they were trying to make a plan." Oh great, I wonder how they broke in. "As far as I know he's losing his mind to sum up."

Fair enough. I've been so busy wheeling and dealing with Arabella I haven't hardly talked to Amber. "Well good."

"Maya, you know as well as I that he was just mad because he couldn't kill me."

Arabella makes an 'oo' sound and sits down on a log. "Gossip." For a 426 year old witch she finds interest in petty things.

We both ignore her comment, "His stubbornness as an Alpha knows no bounds. He was trying to prove a point even though it came off as him just being a jerk. And please do not repeat my words to the Alpha, I'd prefer to keep my head. He's already looking for a way to rid me of it."

Shrugging, because I can't quite disagree he juts out his lip in a small pout as if he wants me to assure him otherwise. "Either way, I needed time to think and I was sick of that damn brace. Arabella." Gesturing for her to come to me she just arches her brow.

"I'm not a damn dog unlike you two."

'Friend of yours?'

'Besties for life.' I quip. "Grab her shoulder. It's still dark and it is unsafe here."

Arabella isn't happy about bringing another wolf into her home and she makes that clear but doesn't protest... too much. Teleporting back to her front doorstep, Kris is a little dizzy which is normal. Arabella saunters into the back of her home and comes back with a pair of shorts to which he gratefully smiles and slides them on. "Wolves you have until daylight." She warns and sits down on the couches.