Chapter.4.Make Mate Happy.<3

Josh's Point of View.

A common misconception with 'mates' is that you automatically fall in love. But that is far from it, if you haven't already figured that out. When you meet your mate, your wolf is attached to your mates' wolf, ultimately the werewolf in us starts the attraction. And everything draws you in, their look, voice and smell every bit of it-Stephenie Meyer said it best-is your own personal brand of heroine. And since our wolves are dominating by nature, they tend to take control especially when it involves mates.

So when I saw my mate for the first time, and I mean actually got a really good look at her, I wasn't thinking about the fact that she was a rogue or the fact she elbowed and punched me, I was in awe. I was immediately captivated by her eyes, those things are a weapon themselves. She could get whatever she wanted with those arctic blue eyes, not to mention every emotion she feels flashes through them making her all the more desirable. Her long blonde hair that curls slightly at the ends was begging for me to run my hands through it and groom her. Maya was tiny but that's the way I liked it, 5 foot 2 max and I wouldn't have her any other way. Her clothes fit her like a second skin accenting her curves and that perfect ass of hers.

And when I dared to look at those lips my wolf flashed so many images through my mind. What it would feel like to kiss those things and what that would eventually lead to. Perfectly soft and pink, I found my lips aching for hers and as soon as she walked away I realized what a mistake I had made. The Moon Goddess blessed me with a freaking angel and I ruined it before we had even been properly introduced.

The knock on my bedroom door pulled me out of my thoughts, "Alpha."

I glanced at Lucas and sat upright in my bed, "Bring her to my office." Riley had been wanting to talk to me and I her, regarding her best friend and seeing as she was coming over tomorrow I needed as much information as I could get to win over my mate. She basically issued me a challenge, at least that's how I took it.

Chase.

I loved me a good game of chase. I followed her out of my territory and to a little diner that I'm assuming she worked at. Call me creepy but I watched her like a damn hawk, how else am I supposed to keep her safe? But after her little show in the lunch room today, I have no doubt she could handle her own but she won't ever have to... not ever again. So while I was ensuring she was safe, she smiled I saw it through the window. Maya smiled and if that wasn't the most glorious thing in the entire world I don't know what is. I even found myself smiling, it was absolutely contagious and adorable how her nose scrunches up just slightly. Goddess I am so whipped with this girl already.

I made sure she got home safe and I thought I was doing really well at hiding myself. I stayed a good half mile away from her and downwind so she couldn't catch my scent. But whenever we made it to her apartment, which by the way I need to move her into the pack house as soon as possible she opened the door and lingered at the entrance. Her head turned slightly and I got a flash of her breathtaking eyes when she said, "Goodnight Alpha." If I didn't have wolf hearing I wouldn't have been able to catch it. But she knew I was following her and I couldn't help but laugh at my mate, smart girl.

I made it into my office and Lucas tossed me a shirt. I walked inside with my beta behind me and Riley was already sitting down. I don't hug her, I don't shake her hand I bow my head slightly to acknowledge her. No matter the situation to touch another male's mate is an act of war. Sounds ridiculous, but wars have been fought over much less. "Good evening Riley."

"Alpha." She bows her head slightly and shows her neck as a sign of submission and I take my seat. "Permission to speak freely?"

This isn't going to be good, "You may but remember who you are talking to."