Sweet Goodbye

The Outsider
Chapter 21

Luke's pov

It was getting harder and harder for me to handle my anger. Throwing all of my "step brothers" baseballs into the lake next to "our" house wasn't enough to cut it.
My fucking dad had literally just told me that he had a wife.
They've been married for a while now actually.
She also happened to be Ryan's mom. He knew and he didn't even bother to tell me.

A hand was on my shoulder and I shrugged it off, already knowing who it was.

"I don't want to hear an, 'I'm sorry', right now dad. I'm not in the mood."

"Actually, I wasn't here to say I was sorry. Just going to see if you were okay." Ryan's voice says from behind me.

I turn around and face him, which was a very hard thing to do right now when all I wanted to do was punch him in the face.

"Go away." I say as calmly as I could.

"Why? So you can sit around all day pissed off and not talk about anything?" He says. He had a point, but I couldn't care less right now.

"Well how would you feel if you were in my position right now?" I ask him.

He grabs a baseball out of the bin next to me and holds it for a second before throwing it into the lake.

"Why'd you do that? They're your baseballs."

"What? So it's okay for you to throw them, but I can't?" He reasons, throwing another one.

I scoff and shuffle my feet.

"If i'm being totally honest with you, I don't play baseball. I just buy them for this exact reason."

I look up at him and he was staring off in the distance.

"Look, I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you, but your dad insisted that we waited. I don't really know why, but I always thought we should tell you."

"Why didn't you just tell me anyways?"

"Because you would just act the way you are right now, if not, worse." He says.

I know that he was right.

"Besides I didn't think that school would have been the right place to tell you anyways."

"You're probably right." I say.

"You should go talk to them. I'll come with you." He says, nodding towards the house.

I consider it, even though I know it's not going to go well.

"I guess." I finally say, and we both walk towards the house.

Rae's pov

Moving wasn't a pleasant thought for me. I loved the school that I was going to, and I loved my friends that I had here. I was going to miss everything. The late nights hanging out with Ryan, the shopping dates with Ally. Even the trashy girls at school who think that they're better than I am.

"Rae, are you ready hun?" My mother calls from downstairs.

I take another look around my now empty room, wishing I would have made better memories here. I wish my father hadn't gotten a better job offer somewhere else. I wish he would have declined and would still be able to stay here.

But that couldn't happen.

I have to leave behind all of my friends, and opportunities here.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I mumble to myself and make my way downstairs.

When I make it to the bottom step, I see that Ryan and Ally were sitting at the island in the kitchen.

Ryan walks up and hugs me while Ally plays with her manicured nails.

"I'm going to miss you so much babe."  Ryan says into my hair. I smile, and watch Ally stare at us.

"I'll miss you too. But of course I'll visit you guys."

We pull apart and I walk over to Ally, embracing her in a hug.

She hugs me back and I notice by her body language that she was crying.

"I'm just going to miss you, you're my best friend and I literally don't know how I'm going to make it in that hell hole without you now." She cried on my shoulder.

"I know, I know. But everything will be alright. You'll find someone else to help you make all those bitches lives miserable." I laugh.

I pull apart and look at her. She was smiling despite everything that was happening.

"No one will ever be as good as you though girl." She laughs.

I smile at her and look between the two most important people in my life.

"I'll miss you guys." I say sadly to both of them. They both come in for another hug.

"We already miss you too Rae." Ryan says sweetly.

"Rae, honey, it's time to go." My dad says, breaking all of us apart from our moment.

I turn to look at him a moment before turning back to my friends.

"I guess this is goodbye." I smile sadly at them.

They both give me a goodbye hug and Ryan kissed me sweetly before walking me to the car door.

"And Ally, I promise that bitch won't take Hayes away from you. He will come around eventually." I say, giving her one last hug.

She laughed and looked at Ryan.

"Oh don't you worry, we've both got a plan."

•~••|•|••~•

Sorry for the late update :/