Ten ♥

Breanne:

I froze the moment I heard Jake greet Cody.

Did that mean he had heard the conversation I just had with Josh? Did he listen to what I had said? It was just listening to me confessing once again but I didn’t know how to feel about that.

But he probably doesn’t care, does he. It’s just my wishful thinking. He has a girlfriend who seems nice—well, nicer than me, at least, and she’s an absolute gorgeous girl. He’d be the world’s biggest fool to let someone like her slip out of his fingers.

“Aren’t you guys going in?” Cody questioned casually, looking back and forth from Josh and I, making me draw a silent breath. “I’m about to perform one of my favorite covers—”

“Breanne! There you are!” I instinctively turned towards Elliott and instantly, I felt a frown etching itself on my eyebrows, making me cross my arms across my chest. “I’ve been waiting for you for a good hour outside your house and you’d switched off your—”

I was going to open my mouth to shut him up and force him to leave, but Cody beat me to it. “Dude, this is my property,” he began calmly, looking down at Elliott because he was about a half head taller than him. “I didn’t invite you, so it’s best you just left.”

“I’m here to collect my girlfriend, you prick,” Elliott grumbled, walking towards me, but Josh shifted and stood in front of me, making me smile slightly. I liked it when my friends were protective of me. “Move, ginger head.”

“Uh, how about no, you flat-faced stuck up tiny guy?” Josh retorted. “She’s not going anywhere with you. Tonight, she belongs to her best friends and if you don’t respect that I’m gonna ask one of the toughest guys to beat you out.”

“And that would be me,” Jake raised a hand into the air and threw his free one over my shoulders, making Cody lift an eyebrow at Elliott. But Elliott simply looked nonchalant and annoyed, like he wasn’t threatened or scared at all. “Move it, man.”

“No, Breanne is leaving with me,” Elliott paused, “and if she doesn’t, I’ll just stay here with the rest of you, as much as I hate it.”

“Elliott, just get the hell out of here,” I breathed out tiredly, feeling my eyes clouding slightly from new tears. I’m genuinely tired… I didn’t want to face my jerk for a boyfriend right now, right after I just witnessed Leron and Cody making out on the kitchen counter. Deep down I’m still hurting like a bitch.

“No, Breanne, I promised my parents I’d bring you out today,” he insisted in a low hiss, glaring straight at me.

“You don’t glare at her like that, you stupid moron,” Cody growled, shoving Elliott behind slightly as Jake began leading me towards the house with Josh right behind us. “She’s supposed to be your girlfriend, and if you’re nice like how you tell every damn person you see, you should treat the lady with some respect.”

“I don’t need you to tell me what to do!” Elliott argued back, and I didn’t wish to turn around and see what was going on. Josh wasn’t letting me do it, and neither was Jake. “Breanne, don’t go in there! We need to leave for our date!”

“She’s my fucking date for the night!” Cody yelled, and it wasn’t long before the sound of a gate shutting was heard, making me jump slightly under Jake’s arm. What the hell was that. My heart began racing at the hopeful thoughts rushing into my head. Oh, gosh.

“He’s totally still into you,” Jake and Josh stated in unison, the truth in their voice making me smile slightly as the both of them cracked up laughing.