9) i count your heartbeats before you sleep

JUSTINS P.O.V

I grabbed kellins arm once vic had left and brought him back in, he winced again, god dammit kellin. I needed to ask him what caused the breakdown and how vic could calm him down and not me because this would bug me for ages.

"Dude you okay?" I asked because he's usually a bit shaken up after things like that.

"Yeah I'm good just a bit paranoid" Kellin replied

"What caused that?" I asked, he shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't know, I think it was because I haven't drank in so long and I was so eager to drink again, but I don't fully know" he explained. I kind of understand what he means. Alcohol had this effect on Kellin if he didn't drink for a while which is why it was hard for him to quit.

"Okay so why couldn't I calm you but vic could?" I asked really confused, I'm his best friend and I always calm him and vic has always picked on him and bullied him, I thought vic would've made things worse.

"I honestly don't know, it could be because I'm not close with vic so I didn't think he was helping me out of pity just concern or it just caught me off guard, but I'm honestly clueless" Kellin explained. That kind of made sense but now I think about it, why did vic help? I nodded my head and let go of his arm. He gave a sigh of relief and went to leave but I held the door.

"Kellin what happened to your arm?" I asked even though I knew the answer. He tugged on his sleeves and looked away.
"U-ur urm nothing" he said, looking anywhere apart from at me.

"Kellin I'm not mad, I just thought you quit and I just wanna know why?" I told him to make sure he doesn't think I'm mad at him, I just really care about him he's like my brother.

"I saw Richard the other day.." Kellin started. Oh no.

"I thought he lived in Baltimore"
"He did but he moved to San Diego I guess"
"Well what happened?" I asked
"well he was with his new urm new b-boyfriend, he said h-he is moving to our school and he urm said he missed me b-but he said he loves his new b-boyfriend and said he Is way better than a failure like me and he also said he is going to make my life hell for failing him and he is right I am a failure" kellin said sobbing and crying, I just pulled him into a hug.

"He doesn't deserve you, he broke you once don't let him do it again he isn't worth your time. Remember the people who care about you like me,mike, Gabe, jack and nick we are always here for you" I explained, he nodded his head and wiped his eyes.

"You ready to go join the others?" I asked and he nodded and we got up to join the others. They all looked at us but we dismissed them and sat down on the bed.

KELLINS P.O.V

When we walked back into the room everyone looked at us but we ignored them. We sat on the bed and vic approached me with a questioning look

"Dude, what happened earlier?" He asked, sounding concerned. That's new.

"Urm nothing just bad memories coming back to me" I said, I didn't wanna explain the details but he still deserved a bit of an explanation.

"Are you okay now though?" He asked. He sounded genuinely concerned. I nodded my head even though I wasn't alright and I knew I would most likely not be alright for a long time.

A/N im so sorry that the chapterso are getting shorter I just have no idea how to write what my ideas are if you know what I mean. Like I know what I want to write I just don't know how to write it ~ lucy