Counting [:L Lawliet:]

I can't fall asleep tonight

I'm not the same without you

~.~.~Mizuni’s POV~.~.~

Ashari Mizuni stood at her window, watching the snow fall on the barren night streets of Tokyo, Japan. Two fifty-six in the morning and she still couldn’t sleep. She tossed her window open, and climbed out onto the fire escape. No, she honestly didn’t care that it was nearly three am, snowing, and about 30 degrees outside. She sat out on the fire escape in her tank top and penguin pajama pants and watched the falling snow, letting her thoughts carry her away.

“Mizuni, I have to go. You know I do. I’m sorry.” Mizuni’s father opened the door, and walked out into the snow.

“Daddy! No, please don’t go! I can’t stay here alone…” the small white-blond girl cried, her pretty hazel eyes tearing up. She ran to the door, holding the handle and crying. First her mom, then her dad. Why was everyone leaving her?

“Mizuni-chan?” a new voice came, a tall figure coming into focus through the thick-falling snow.

“That’s me…” the little girl sniffled, wiping her eyes.

“Come with me, Miss. You’ll be coming to the Whammy House for now.”

Mizuni sighed, and stared up at the falling snow. “Do you remember, L? The first day we met? It was snowing then too. I believe it was this day as well…” Her words trailed off as more tears began to form in her eyes. She swept her now long white-blond hair out of her eyes, and stood back up. “…No. I’m not going to sit out here and cry. I’m going to work for this.”

-.-.-L’s POV-.-.-

“Eh, Ryuzaki.” Light called out to the brilliant detective behind him.

“What is it, Light?” He responded, not taking his eyes off his cake, not even moving.

“You’re acting weird today. What’s with you, are you PMS-ing or something?” Light snickered. Even the world’s greatest detective had off days. What, was he not entitled to them?

“I’m just thinking, now can you leave me to it?” He responded, his tone getting sharper with every word spoken.

“What are you thinking about that’s got you so riled up? Girlfriend?” Light laughed. He really irritated him anymore. Why couldn’t he just shut it and bother Miss Amane or something? Goodness knows it would do everyone on the task force a favor…

“No, Light. I’ll be going to my room for now. You are to be gone within two minutes.” L said, walking—make that stalking—back to his room.

“Sheesh…”

A million more miles ‘til I get to see you

A thousand more minutes I know I'll have to go through

Counting my, [Counting my], way back to you

Back to you

L looked out his window at the heavy snow falling on the Tokyo streets, and sighed. Even now he missed her. The pale little girl who he had fallen so hard for during his time at Whammy’s House probably didn’t even think about him anymore. She seemed so fragile, because of her slim build and pale hair, eyes, and skin tone; and she was anything but fragile. She had a spirit that craved justice for the unjust, and could never cool down. She even stole Mello’s chocolate a few times. Despite her appearance, the girl had more fight than a few of the Whammy boys combined.