What You Do To Me [:Mail Jeevas / Matt:]

Yukiko Shinami. 5’4, long dark hair, pretty grey eyes, and a personality that can bring even L Lawliet to his knees. But she will never admit to anything like that. She is incredibly humble, and sweet. Not slutty, or too conservative. She is a balance. Perfect. Even to me. Mail Jeevas. Or, as most people know me, Matt.

“Matt, I swear. If you do not get OUT of that room in the next FIVE MINUTES I will PERSONALLY make sure you NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF DAY AGAIN!” Mello yelled, smacking the door to my bedroom once more. Sigh… I thought, picking myself up off my bed. Mello sounds really angry this time. What does he WANT?

“I’m here I’m here, now what was just so freaking important, MELLO?!” I said, annoyance tingeing my words.

“You have a visitor, Mattie. Should I have just told her to go?” He jabbed a thumb over his shoulder, pointing at the warmly dressed girl behind him.

“Nah, Mells Bells, you were right to annoy the hell out of me.” I pushed him out of the way, ignoring the angry protests that followed. I stopped short, looking over her better. Light denim skinny jeans, a blue sweater dress, nice button-down jacket, and the scarf I had bought her for her birthday. Her hair was a bit windblown, but still looked perfect. How she could pull off such a thing, was beyond me.

“Mattie?” She laughed, pulling me out of my trance with the light melodic peals. “I was never told about such a cute little nickname.”

“My nickname is not cute!” I blushed furiously, and turned to face the shorter blonde in front of me. “You. MIHAEL KEEHL, I will kill you for telling her that!”

Mello looked at me, then over to Yukiko. His glance shifted back and forth a few times, before deciding to settle on me. “You, kill me? Why would you threaten such a thing with a pretty girl like that here, Mattie?”

I peeked over my shoulder at her, watching her eyes widen a bit, in amusement or speculation. “Yeah. I’m going to kill you, Mello. Even with her over here. I’ll be right back, okay Yukiki?” She nodded at me, and Mello was off like a rocket, tearing through our messy apartment.

“YOU’VE GOT A CUTE NICKNAME FOR HER TOO, MATTIE! DON’T BE SO OFFENDED AT YOURS!” Mello’s loud shouts rang out in the hallway, as I chased after the blonde, brandishing my PSP as my weapon of choice.

I heard a sniffle behind me, and fell flat on my knees. “M-Matt… You don’t care about me enough to put aside a petty little thing like this and come out with me… Like you promised me…” Yukiko’s soft, whimpering voice killed any and all thoughts of violence in my head.

I turned to look at her, and she was standing in such a way that made it look like she was immensely sad. Her head was dropped down low, and she was dabbing at her eyes with her scarf. My heart melted to its very core at the sight, and I hung my head in defeat.

“I’m sorry Yukiko… Please, don’t cry… I’ll make it all up… Let’s go, right now. I’m not angry anymore.” I began to move toward her slowly, reaching a hand out in front of me as if to ask permission. She looked so fragile, like the slightest wind could blow her over and she would shatter.

“M-Matt…” She fell into my arms, her shoulders shaking. I stood completely still for an instant, taking hold of her softly the next.I heard a snicker behind me, and almost looked back.

“She’s faking it, you know.”

The girl in my arms suddenly came to life, pouting at the voice. “You ruined it, Mello! I had him right where I wanted him…” Her laughter filled the air, and she smiled at me. “Sorry for putting you on like that, Matt.”