Candy Kiss [::Mihael Keehl::]

Serena Ash tossed her shoulder-length dark hair over her shoulder, and pulled another packet of M&M’s out of her jacket pocket. He was over half an hour late, and she was getting beyond annoyed at his attitude. Out of the last four times she’d tried to see her boyfriend, he’d skipped three of them. Of course. She was getting tired of taking a back burner. She tugged her phone out of her pocket and tapped out a quick text.

Hey. It’s 2:00. You’re beyond late; and we are more than done. Later, Skylar. – Your Used-To-Be-Baby.

She clicked send and started walking off toward her favorite place, her heeled Converse clicking against the pavement.

-

“MELLO!” She yelled, tossing open the door to their old, run-down apartment. Taking a quick look around, she dropped onto their couch, and waited for them to finally come out of their respective rooms. Mello and Matt lived together in this old apartment, while they worked on solving random cases; eating a world’s supply of chocolate and playing as many video games as they could along the way. They were her best friends.

“Serena. Hollie. Asher. We are officially changing the locks on that door.” Matt said, yawning and falling in front of his gaming systems. Mello followed, eating a candy bar and looking at her with an incredibly skeptical expression.

“There wasn’t a lock on that door to begin with,” She said, gesturing to the hole in the door where a lock would go. “And besides, you know you guys love me. Mell, why the skeptical look?”

“My name is Mello, first off. And second; weren’t you supposed to be on a date with that guy today? Skater, Sven, Skylark…” He trailed off, watching her face for a reaction.

“Skylar. You know his name, idiot.” She smacked him lightly on the head and took his candy from him, taking a bite and relaxing back against the sagging couch cushions. “And he blew me off. Probably off screwing some other girl.”

Looking at her sympathetically, Mello collapsed onto the couch next to her. “I told you he was a jerk, Serena. But I’m still sorry.”

“Eh, it’s fine. I dumped him.” She finished off the last of his candy, and licked her fingers quietly, pausing to bite her thumb softly. He could see the tears beginning to well up in her grey eyes. Reaching over, he took her hand and kissed it gently.

“You know you’re hurt, idiot.” He pulled her off the couch, and tossed a battery at the back of Matt’s head. “Mattie, we’re going out. There’s the battery you’ve been looking for. Keep the hell out of my room. Later.”

She looked at Mello, and smiled. She grabbed her backpack, and ran after him.

-

“Damn it Mello, let me change my shoes!” She yelled, sitting on the staircase and pulling her beat-up sneakers out of her backpack. She threw her heels out the door and shook her hair down, combing the curls out of it as she did.

“Fine, fine. Hurry up.” He watched her pull on her shoes and then started to run to get her heels. He stopped when he heard her talk again.

“I don’t want them, Mell. Those things make my feet hurt like hell. Plus, it’ll make Skylar so pissed to see them out on the street.” She snickered to herself, and skipped back to Mello, tossing her backpack in his car and getting in.

“God, girl. You’re angry. What the hell did he do to you?” Mello flipped the key and sped out of the parking lot, easily breaking fifty as he drove down the quiet-for-once streets of Tokyo.

“He keeps skipping out on me. I’ve gotten texts from over five other girls saying he’s theirs now. I’m sick of being an accessory for him.” She tied her hair back in a ponytail, keeping it up the way she knew Mello loved it.