Dumbfounded

"As a shining brand new day stared ahead of them , some new challenges would stand in their ways too"

Yousef's pov:

Where am I , all I can hear is a constant bip , and what seems to be a girl voice , why is she telling me to come back though ? I don't understand , where am I.

And why is it so hard to open my eyes too.

"Yousef , you are awake , thank god"

What ? Was I asleep ? And why was my head hurting so bad ?

My eyes opened slowly and as they did a bright light made me close them again.

Slowly adapting to it , I opened them again to see that I was in a white room that smelled like hospital , the woman next to me was still talking

"That's it you did it Yousef , I need to go find you're mom and send you a doctor , I'm so glad that you're awake..."

Trying to see where that voice was coming from my eyes finally landed on her , she looked so tired but was still beautiful . I then felt a gentle kiss on my forehead before I saw her leave in a hurry. 

Soon a doctor was there , telling me all the things that happened to me, apparently I got in an accident , but their was a lot of things that I still had to understand and that needed to be explained to me. Hearing the voice of other people coming into my room stopped me from asking my questions to the doctor.

Lilly's pov: 

I couldn't believe it ! 

He came back , Yousef was alive and awake.

Struggling to find his mom as soon as I did I told her the good news , the others were not far away and heard it to. We then rushed back to his room.

Seeing his mom and father be so happy and hug him like their life depended on him was so touching. And in the corner of my eyes I could also see our friends smiling with teary eyes.

I then heard Yousef's mom talking 

"My son Habibi , shtehtelek , I'm so glad you're back don't you ever leave us"

It was then his father's turn 

"How are you son , does something hurt ?"

Yousef looked a little shocked and didn't seem to understand what was happening , our eyes met and I tried to tell him that everything was okay just by looking into his eyes. I then saw him nodding at me and answering his dad question.

"Yes I'm okay , I just , I... my head is hurting a little but the doctor said that it was normal"

An hour has passed : 

His mom talking constantly about how glad they were to see him , and his friend hugging him an telling him welcome back. But something seemed odd Yousef didn't talk a lot , if just to answer simple questions.

No one's pov:

Everyone calmed down , and there wasn't a lot of conversation coming from his family , Lilly decided to talk to Yousef .

"You know seeing you this quiet is kinda rare, what did they do to you up there, changed you for the better ? No silly jokes anymore I don't know if I should feel glad or sad about it ..."

Not getting the joke Yousef looked at her intently for a moment and then decided to talk

"Well , I don't know what to say , you all have been so nice to me and I just couldn't bring myself to ask"

"Well then go ahead habibi tell us what's on your mind" his mother said

"Well , I uh , I ... I don't know how ? Who ? ... Who are you guys ? 

As soon as he finished his sentence a profound silence took place, this question sure left everyone dumbfounded  ...