Chapter 2: Horror of the Forest With a Bit of Rescuing

"A s-storm." I continue to look out the window in horror. This is no ordinary storm, it feels odd. The river has overflown, trees that could never break broke, and worst of all... all of the animals and plants have died. They weren't flooded by water in fact, they burnt to a crisp.

"Its.....horrible!" I yell. Just then there is a knock at the door, I open it to see a little boy collapsed at my door "H-help me." He pleads and he loses consciousness. I bring him into the house and I put him on the couch. I make some medicine and I feed it to him, then I clean up his wounds.

I wait for the child to wake up. While I wait, I make some tea and cupcakes. "W-what happened?" The young boy asks and I put the cupcakes and tea on the table and I sit next to him. "You were caught in the storm. Are you ok? Does anything hurt. Do you remember who you are?" He looks at me and nods.

"I'm Vlad, and I'm guessing your Lina." I look at him in amazement. "How did you know?" He smiles at me and takes a bite out of a cupcake. "Please don't get scared but, I can read minds." I smile back and I drink some of my tea. "How could I be scared of that? Its pretty cool if you ask me.

Oh want to hear a secret of mine?" He nods and eats another cupcake. I pull my hood down and I show my ears. "I'm a fox, and I have a blind eye." He looks at me in amazement. "That's so cool! I've never met a pesion that has a blind eye!" I eat the last cupcake and I look at the window. "A kitsune?" He nods and explains. "Where I'm from human foxes are called the kitsune, and it's very rare for them to be blind. It's even extra rare for one to have only one blind eye."

"So." He begins. "Why is your normal eye covered and not your blind eye?" I look at the floor and I hold back my tears. "Its because, my sister said my blind eye is beautiful so I shouldn't hide it. My other eye is black-" He cuts me off and talks. "You mean brown. It's not possible to have a black colored eye." I look at the ceiling and I laugh like an insane person. "That's what they all say."

I look town at him with my other eye visible and I stare at him crazily. "No one ever believes me. They always say its impossible to have an eye color that isn't normal, but I prove them wrong." He looks at me as if he just saw someone die.

***

A clasp of thunder booms and multiple lightning bolts strike the forest around us. Vlad jumps in fear and he falls onto the floor. He sits up and we both look out the window. "Its really bad out there." We say at the same time. The window breaks and a burning fox is thrown into the house. Following it is a phoenix. We watch them burn to death and more are thrown into the house.

I quickly board up the window and I hug the child. "Don't worry we'll be safe." He continues to cry. "It was just someone trying to prank up." Vlad shakes his head and talks through his tears. "I-it was real, I know and you know it as well but your just trying to calm me."

The sound of water rushes underneath us and we look at each other. "So, the river has overflown that much?" I nod and he sits on the couch. "It could get worse. So worse that the whole house will be underwater." I look at him in shock and I nod. "Yes that could happen, but we can still get out." He frowns. "Its not possible if there is on one to help us."

I smirk and I pull out a spell book. "Ok I've never used magic before so this may or may not work." He sits on the couch and waits patiently. I read the spell and I close my eyes tightly to send the message. I open my eyes after a few minutes and I look at Vlad. "Ok I'm not sure if it worked, but I sent the message so hopefully it worked."

We are now sitting on the steps trying to avoid the water rushing into the house. There is a knock on the upstairs balcony door and we go upstairs and I open the door. He smiles and walks in. "You messaged me?" I nod and he picks me up and he holds Vlad as well. He walks outside the house and runs to his house with us.

When he puts us down I bow my head. "Thank you Griffin." He nods and takes his hood off. "So this is my house, and you guys are welcome to stay here for as long as you need to." I smile and thank him. "This place is so cool!" Vlad spins around and falls. "Hey Lina can you make some of your delicious cupcakes?" I nod and Griffin takes me to the kitchen. I begin to bake and Griffin helps. "So, I thought you were helping master today." He frowns and I look at him confused. "Master said he doesn't need us anymore and he can take care of himself. So he kicked me out as well and he hired new people."

I take the cupcakes out of the oven and we decorate them. "That's horrible!" He nods in agreement and smirks. "Well you could always be my maid. I mean, I can make you some clothing that you would like." I growl and he laughs. "I'm kidding. I won't force you to." I look at him and I laugh and smirk. "So master." His eyes grow wide at the word master, and I move closer to him. "Would you mind If I did something?" He backs up a bit and I move closer. "Aw come on, you wouldn't mind. Would you?" He unknowingly nods his head and I stand I on my toes to be eye level with him.

"L-Lina? W-what are you gonna do?" I shush him. "Just close you eyes, master." His face turns a light shade of red and he slowly closes his eyes. I hug him to me and I pretend like I'm going to kiss him, but I grab the icing bag off of the counter and I put some icing on his head and I laugh.

He growls at me and takes it out of my hand and he puts some icing on my dress. "Oh no, it looks like you need a new dress. Your going to have to give me that one right away." I scowl at him and I attempt to slap him but he stops me. "I'm sorry it came out wrong! I meant that I'm going to make you a new outfit but I need the size of that dress. I have some old maid clothing from when master had me make some for Scarlet, so you can wear one of those until I'm done."

He hands me one the old dresses and I go into a different room to change. I come back out and I give him my dress. He goes to say something but quickly turns around and goes into another room. I finish the cupcakes and I put them on the table and Vlad eats a few. "That dress looks too big for you." Vlad giggles and cross my arms to hold the dress up.

Vlad pokes my arm and he giggles. "What if the man came back and you didn't have your arms crossed? Whoops I forgot you didn't earlier." He giggles again and I growl at him. He notices that I'm a bit irritated from what he said so he quiets down and eats another cupcake. I sit down against the wall and keep my arms crossed.

A few minutes later Griffin returns and I stand up. He gives me the dress and I hold it out in front of me to look at it and the dress I'm wearing falls a bit and I hold the one he made for me to my chest. "I'm going to try this on." I go into another room and I put on the new outfit. I twirl around and I brush my tail.

I come back out and I smile. "Thank you!" I spin around and I look outside at the burning forest. "Its night time." Vlad yawns and falls asleep. "I have an extra bedroom, the little one can sleep there. You can sleep in my room, I'll use the couch." I look at him. "Are you sure?" He nods and puts Vlad in the extra bed.

Griffin comes back to the living room and he smiles. "I'll show you where you are staying milady." He bows and I laugh. "Why thank you Griffin." He laughs and takes me down the hall to a room and he opens the door. "Here you go Lina." He walks in and I follow.

"Ok if you need anything I'll be on the couch." I nod and he leaves the room. I close the door and I lay on the bed. I look at the ceiling and I talk to myself. "He's too kind. I'm so glad he let us stay here." I close my eyes and I hug his pillow. A minute later I drift off to sleep.

***

Ok I know this was a long chapter and It was all over the place. I hope you like this chapter it took me a few days to get ideas for it and then me actually writing.

Thank you for reading my story!!

Please vote, comment, and follow

Until next time, ja ne!!