Chapter 4: Secrets with a Protective Lost Twin

"Sorry I couldn't help you sooner."Griffin says to me holding out his hand for me to take, when I don't and I continue to cry he sighs and he sits in front of me. "I don't really know how to make people feel better but I can tell you that you are safe from that man." He says while looking at my cuts and bruises.

Out of the corner of my blurry vision I saw Griffin pull out a healing potion from his pocket and he gives it to me. I slowly take the potion and I drink it, instantly feeling better. "Thank you for helping Griffin." I say in a weak tone. Still with a worried look, He nods and he helps me to my feet. "Shall we go home?" I am about to speak when he suddenly talks. "Why did you come to this town anyways? I mean someone could have gone with you" His voice get quiet, I'm guessing he didn't want me to hear what he said next. "I could have gone with you."

"Can we go now?" I ask impatiently. He nods, and we leave the house. When we enter the forest, the sun begins to set. He looks in different directions and sighs. "We are going to have to spend the night in a cave. It's going to be dark and we wont be able to find our way home." I reluctantly nod and he leads me to a cave and he sits on a rock, me sitting on a rock next to him.

I put my head on the cave wall behind me and I drift off to sleep.

I look around at my surroundings, and everything is dark. I sigh "Hey Griffin, where are you?" The darkness began to illuminate a few shades of red. Soon I found out it was blood. I frantically look around for Griffin. I see something lying on the ground farther back into the cave and i slowly walk to it. The object is covered in blood and isn't breathing

"G-Griffin?" I ask terrified that there is no response. Shaking the lifeless body, blood coating my hands, I begin to cry tears of blood. Laughter forms behind me and I turn around. "S-sister? Daddy?" I look at the motherly form as well and the pull out knives and the begin to stab me.

Near death, I wake up breathing heavily. I feel something holding me and I look up. Though my blurry vision I see Griffin. He has a worried expression, whipping away my tears. "Y-Your alive..." I whisper. "B-But I saw you die." 

He pets my head and sighs. "You were just having a nightmare. Are you ok?" I nod my head,  sitting up and I hug him. I'm glad your ok. I think. "You started screaming and crying so I tried to calm you down, but I wasn't sure if it helped. Until you finally woke up." Griffin stands up we leave the cave.

Halfway to his house a man jumps down from the tree and hugs me, making Griffin growl. "Lina! I'm so glad I found you!" The man says with a familiar voice. He stops hugging me and I look at him confused. "Your my twin, remember me? I'm Luka!" The man's name sets off  memories and I squeal, hugging him tightly. "Luka I remember!" He smiles and nods. "So Lina, how are you?" 

"I'm great. Oh and this is my friend Griffin." Griffin nods and Luka glares at him. "Hello, Griffin. I am her brother, Luka." Griffin glances at me and then looks back at my twin, who is still glaring at him, and smiles. "I am Griffin, Lina's friend and roommate." Luka looks at me and I nod happily. He sighs "So where is this house you live in, Lina?" I look at Griffin. "Its still a while down this road." He says. "I see..." Luka says as he looks at me. "So why doesn't my sister know where the house is?" Griffin growls. "Because she is not familiar with this forest." Luka hugs me really tight. "Yeah either that or, you are kidnapping my sister." Griffin and Luka just stare at each other

"C-Can we continue to your house? I don't like the open woods." Griffin looks down the far path and he nods. "Yeah, we should be going before it is night again." Luka nods and picks me up. "L=Luka what are yo-" He jumps into the trees and jumps to each limb, with quick speed. I look back to where Griffin is but he isn't there. 

When we get back to his house, Luka puts me down and Griffin opens the door for us. "Welcome back Milady and her brother." I look at him confused on how he got home first and I see Luka scowl at him, pushing him aside when he goes into the house. I go up to the door and I bow. "Thank you sir, now please prepare some dinner." I say jokingly. "Yes ma'am." He says and he closes the door and goes to the kitchen.

I sit next to my brother and we watch the kids play. A half an hour later, Griffin comes into the living room and he bows. "The dinner has been made milady." I look at him. "Wait, you actually made food?" He nods and the kids cheer. Out the corner of my eye I see Luka scowl at Griffin. Griffin takes us to the dining room and he serves us, and then he gets food for himself. 

When everyone is done eating, Griffin cleans up and Celest yawns. "Lina I'm tired!" She says. "So am I!" Celestia and Vlad say. "Then I will put you guys to sleep." They nod happily and I take the children to their room, and I tuck each child in. I walk to the door. "Goodnight young ones." I say before turning off the light and closing the door.

I yawn and I walk to my room. On my way there I overhear Luka and Griffin talking. "Look I don't trust you but my sister seems to, so I guess I have to trust you as well." I hear Luka say with a growl. "Well then, Luka, please stop being aggressive." I hear Griffin grunt and then something hit the floor. I peer around the corner and I gasp. "Luka!!!" I yell and I run to the kitchen and I sit down next to Griffin. "Why would you hurt my friend!?"

He growls and shrugs. "That no answer Luka!" I help Griffin stand up and I growl at Luka. "Your sleeping on the couch. I don't like how you hurt my friend." I take Griffin to his room and he sits on his bed. "I'm sorry about my brother, he wasn't like this before." Griffin sighs. "It's ok, I knew he was going to do that. I thought I could try to calm him down but talking to him didn't work." I nod and I get a pillow and two blankets from his closet, since he is staying in the room he allowed me to sleep in I decided to sleep on the small couch in his room.

Griffin stands up and goes to the light switch. "Goodnight Lina." He smiles at me. "Goodnight!" He turns off the light and I hear him stumble to his bed. When the room falls quiet, I go to sleep.

***

I know I haven't updated this story for a little while, but I was trying to think of ideas.

Thank you for reading my story!!

Please vote, comment, and follow

Until next time, ja ne!!