Chapter 9

ZAYN'S POV

If it were up to me, I wouldn't let this idiot get closer.

I'm sure I looked a bit like a watchdog, standing in front of Luana and staring, unable to hold a triumphant smile to see that all the makeup he used in the fashion show was gone and now I could clearly see the bruises that he had on his face. But Luana seemed to think differently, placing a hand on my shoulder and giving a step to stay by my side.

- Could the boyband singer leave? - He muttered.

I gave a chuckle with the choice of name-calling, but Luana didn't seem too happy, frowning and putting a little closer to me.

- Yea. But he won't. - She replied, crossing her arms and maintaining posture. - If you want to talk, he will stay here.

The boy let out a sigh. I was still angry at him and even though I knew that she may take care of herself, before she could regret, I put an arm around her waist to keep her close. I felt her body stiffen for a moment with the touch, but she soon seemed to relax, sighing and leaning almost imperceptibly.

- All right, all right. - He finally agreed, entering the room but keeping a respectful distance. - I came to apologize.

I looked at Luana, which seemed to soften her face, but she still had their arms crossed over her chest. She didn't say anything, waiting for him to continue, and I would not interfere in the conversation.

- I was out of my mind, I had drunk too much. - He continued, lowering the gaze to the floor. - It was never my intention to hurt you.

I held my desire to laugh because that was a cliche speech. But Luana simply let out another sigh, nodding her head.

- I know. - She said, her voice a lot more smoothly than before.

He looked back to her, and my arm got a little closer. The only reason he's so hopeful about being forgiven is because he wanted to give a second chance for what the two had before, and I couldn't bear the idea of Luana with him. Someone who looks like that after a few drinks doesn't deserve any girl, especially someone like her.

- It won't happen again, I'm working on this problem and... - Before he finished his sentence, Luana walked up to him.

Her arms wrapped the boy's neck and she hugged him, he promptly hugging her back. I couldn't help that all my muscles seemed to ache. My shoulders were tense and I had an angry expression because he didn't deserve her.

- It's okay, Lachowski. - She murmured, moving away from him after some minutes, smiling lightly. - I hope you solve your problem. You are forgiven.

He smiled a little in response, nodding and reluctantly letting his arms fall out. I just realised how hard my posture was when Luana turned to me, making my tension disappear. He looked back at me, nodding his head again.

- I'm sorry. - He said to me this time and I replied with another nod. - See you around.

The last sentence was for Luana, of course, and she simply smiled until he had left the room and closed the door on the way out. She let out a long sigh, covering her face with her hands.

- I thought he'd never leave. - She said, walking back to my side with a little smile. - Thanks, once again. It's ridiculous how many times I thanked you in the last days.

I chuckled, shrugging and waiting until she had packed the bag and put back on her shoulder.

- Let's go home. I drive! - She said, putting her free arm around my waist comfortably, as if we always did that.