Chapter 10

When we got to the room, I sat on the bed and Zayn chose Avengers after sitting on the bed too, keeping a certain distance. I obviously wanted him closer, embracing me.

I decided to go make some popcorn because I was starving. I made the popcorn and grabbed two cans of Coke. When I got back to the room, Zayn was distracted, and I sat right next to him.

- Popcorn? - I offered

- Oh yea, sure - Zayn replied. He had his full attention in the movie, and I was so bored that I was almost asleep.

The rain was so strong outside, the perfect weather for a couple (even for a fake one) to be together. But the movie seemed more important to him. I rolled my eyes, until I hear a thunder and the power went off.

- Oh, great! In my favorite part - Zayn protested

- Hm.. - I muttered, almost strangling Zayn and giving thanks to God that the power went off and he could at least see I was there. I decided to get some candles (Yes I'm afraid of the dark)

- What's wrong? - Zayn asked

- Nothing. I'm just thinking - I replied while I light up the candles

- Hm.. About what? Or who? - Zayn laughed and I quickly got nervous.

I sat down on the bed again. I couldn't tell him what I was thinking or why. I couldn't ruin the friendship Zayn and I had created. The beginning was very difficult for us, and now, everything seemed to have finally hit. He has been so nice and sweet to me, and honestly, I don't want to lose that. Besides, I was sure that he didn't feel the same way I do, and just thinking about this possibility, my throat tightened and my eyes quickly filled with tears.

But what if he feels something, the least that is? He kissed me on the day of the fashion show. And he kissed me because he wanted to! After that we didn't even discuss it, since so many things have happened since then. I was confused, and I had so many questions to ask. But worst of all: I was totally insecure. I think that maybe, tell Zayn is the right thing to do. At least I wouldn't have more doubts, he would have to say if he feels the same way or not. My heart was begging for a "yes, I do" but things aren't as easy as they seem.

If he says "no" I'll have to live with that,npretend nothing happened, since we have only two more weeks of contract as "boyfriends" and then I could suffer alone. I would have to pretend to the world that I was suffering, anyway. But if he confirms that he feels the same way....

- I'm thinking of you, to be honest - I said, getting tense - and... I'm in love with you.

Only the moonlight and the candles were lighting up our faces, and the rain was still pouring. The weather couldn't be more romantic. I could tell that Zayn was tense for a moment, but soon, an almost imperceptible smile appeared.

- How do you know that? - He asked

- Well.. I read a text which said that when you can't take someone's out of your head, it's because you are in love with that person. - I answered without looking at him.

- And when you can't take someone's out of your heart? - Zayn asked, leaning over.

- It's love! - I answered, finally looking into his eyes, which seemed brighter than ever.

- Then, I'm loving you.

The words couldn't get to my mouth. I wasn't believing what I just heard. I wasn't believing that the boy I love feels the same way I do. Exactly the boy who dropped coffee on my new and white shoes, the boy that I was pretending to date because of a stupid contract. But because of that contract, I met the person who defends me, the person who gets hurt and enters into a fight because of me, the person who goes to a fashion show just to protect me, the person that passes over everyone and everything just to be by my side. The boy that just said he loves me!

We lean in, until our lips touch. A real kiss for the first time. Our lips seemed to have been made for each other, the perfect fit. When I felt his tongue touch mine, my heart started to beat really hard, I had chills all over my skin, my stomach was full of butterflies and I felt like I could explode with happiness at any time. When we separated, I hugged him and kissed his neck. He lay on the bed and pulled me into his side. I laid my head on his chest and we were there in silence, listening to the noise of the rain.

Nothing needed to be said. The moment said by itself...