Chapter 2 - Stress and Compromises

Author’s Note: Hey people! Second update of the day! I have written a lot more than this already but I don’t want to post it yet. On the risk of sounding whiny, WHY DON’T YOU PEOPLE SHOW ME SOME SUPPORT? ;’( Enjoy the chapter. It is another short one.

-Insert line here­-

Chapter 2 – Stress and Compromises

“You will have to take a three-month leave from your work to go on this trip.”

“What are you saying? That is a lot!” Bipasha replied.

What is Auntie thinking? No boss is that kind to give his or her employee that many days off.

“Speak to your boss about it, Bipasha. It is for your own good.” Auntie was stubborn. She was not budging from the stipulated time-frame.

“But...Auntie!”

“Talk to him,” Auntie said fiercely before hanging up.

Bipasha sighed loudly and dropped to the bed. As she stared at the ceiling, she wondered if she had done the right thing in the first place. Was it really necessary to approach Auntie? Sighing again, Bipasha rolled over. With one hand, tangled in her hair and holding her head up, Bipasha called her boss. She listened to the phone ringing. With each moment that passed and her boss did not answer, Bipasha’s anxiety increased. Her stomach tightened uneasily and doubts clouded her mind.

What if Mr Diwakar says no? What am I going to do then? Wait, how did auntie know my boss was a male? Maybe she was just being general… Am I over-thinking this?

Just then, Bipasha reached Mr Diwakar’s voicemail. The machine was telling her to leave a message after the tone when Bipasha hung up. She stared at her phone stupidly. What was she going to do now? Auntie wanted her to start on Monday and it was already Saturday. If Bipasha didn’t speak to Mr Diwakar now, when was she going to do it then?

You could just start packing now. You do know that, right?

Bipasha grunted at her thoughts. If she left without telling her boss of her imminent absence, all chances of her getting the same job back would be lost. She didn’t want that happening. Despite all the shit things that have been happening to her, her job was the sacred cow. She loved it immensely. She liked talking to people and helping them out with their problems. And when they actually succeeded in getting out of their holes, she felt pride blossoming in her chest. Was she willing to give it up?

She sat up in bed with her head in her hands and cried out loud, “What am I to do now?” Freakily, her phone vibrated on the bed beside her. Thinking it was just a message, she ignored it but the phone continued its long vibrations. Surprised, she glanced at her phone. Her boss was calling her! She scrambled to answer the call before he hung up.

-Insert line here-

Author’s Note: Please leave a review/ comment. If you like it, vote. Voting applies for those reading this on Wattpad. Thank you.

Last edited on: 4/12/2013 (GMT +08:00)